PDA

View Full Version : Largest Rim 99

Kahuna
04/21/2004, 09:59 AM
What is the largest rim you can put on a 99, without getting LOW PROFILE tires? And, without modifying the Cladding.

t2p
04/21/2004, 10:34 AM
Kahuna:
Define 'low profile' ....... definitions of low profile can vary ........
Also - do you care if your speedo readout is 'off' with a new wheel/combo ? ......
and hey - while I am asking 50 questions ..... are you looking for a tire with off road capability - multi-purpose ............ street only ? .....
Also - check the gallery pics of Bantan and Cyrk ...........
t2p

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 12:09 PM
so far i'm leaning towards 18's. for more meat. 20's can look anemic. 23's look huge but little meat. and I'm not sure about any adjustments he might have made for the 23's. but they we're bad ***. Well, the rims were. I'm looking into KMC Thunder's with a 285/60/18. These shold be nice. Though I'm still looking into what tires work with the 20's and work with the VX. I don't want a skinny tire and have to worry about what i drive over.

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 12:13 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3796.
After the Midwest meet I'm going to make a decision. I was also looking into width. I want mine to be wide.

WyrreJ
04/21/2004, 05:26 PM
If you can find a source for those thunders, please post.

doubleadesign
04/21/2004, 05:51 PM
The tie and rim guy (largest in Chicago) made a call for me when I wanted to order them. Looks like it will be a long hunt. So I order some Limited's that look similar but much simpler design. He actually had the same ones on during the winter. They are going on Monday. I'll post a pic. He just put on 23's with no mods. He's trying out the newer all black rims which he will custom paint to match his car and add blaxk spinners. More than I can handle.

Kahuna
04/22/2004, 12:04 PM
Low Profile........alot of street racers like low profile(LP). 4 inches of side profile or less is typically considered LP. As for speed indicator readings......as far as I know, ANYTIME you switches to a larger tire will affect your readout. So the answer would be "NO", it doesn't matter if it chances my readout. As for the last question....mostly street (98% street). I's my daily everday ride. Although when we go to Havasu we do minor off-road things, but not enough to want off road tire.

Basically, I want a larger, more meaty.tougher looking tire without have to modify anything. Does that help?!

doubleadesign
04/22/2004, 01:49 PM
Or look at Nocturnal's gallery. He has some you might like. Nitto's look to have that agro. I have Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on now. You can't really get more agro than that, maybe the MT Godzilla's.

Kahuna
04/22/2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks, I will.