PDA

View Full Version : VCross towing

JABO
05/16/2004, 08:41 PM
Hi guys. I'm new to the group and I'm still navigating my way through the website, so please forgive me if this has been covered many times in the past.
I recently had a trailor hitch put on my VX, however I didn't notice for a couple of weeks that they did not do any wiring. So, I go back to the place and they "well, your owners manual says ' not recomended for towing', so if we do any wiring we will put a big fat sticker on it saying "not responsible for any damages".
I know that many people with VX's have tow hitches installed. How do they go about the wiring? Have there been any problems?

NJVX
05/18/2004, 08:36 PM
Hey Jabo,

Go to the parts and accessories link and go to Tone website, the sell the hitch and a wiring kit for it. I am sure they can help you if you don't get any answers on here...

Dean

Maverick
05/25/2004, 06:21 PM
it a compulsorary warning due to the short wheelbase, NOT because it cant handle towing...its just easy to jackknife if your not carefull.
shoot down to the local parts store and pick up a wiring kit with the logic box (protects the electronics) , easy to install except the routing of the wires... However, if you dont want to pull off the rear bumper cladding, you can just run plug in leads to the jack storage box, then plug the actuall trailer wireing harness in there instead, you may need an extention kit to make it long enough...

the vx tows great, ive towed my car with it no problem.. just be carefull and dont turn short..;eekp; ;Do;

VehiP&J
05/26/2004, 07:24 AM
the u-haul place here in town installed mine w/ wiring and all is covered by a lifetime warrenty. If somebody steals the car and i get a new one they put a new hitch on for free, if it breaks due to me putting to much strain on it they replace it, they cover everything (or at least thats what they told me!).

Andrey
06/11/2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by VehiP&J
the u-haul place here in town installed mine w/ wiring and all is covered by a lifetime warrenty. If somebody steals the car and i get a new one they put a new hitch on for free, if it breaks due to me putting to much strain on it they replace it, they cover everything (or at least thats what they told me!).

how much did they charge you ?

psychos2
06/12/2004, 07:14 AM
the wiring can be done by removing the rear tail lights. shawn

VehiP&J
06/14/2004, 10:18 AM
It wasn't bad 200-300 dollars something like that. Plus they did all the work didn't have to mess with it. Normally I would have done it myself but, wasn't feeling up to it so i let them mess with it.