PDA

View Full Version : Great Window Fix Site

Kahuna
05/20/2004, 08:45 AM
Here is a great site for "WINDOW FIX".http://home.earthlink.net/~nerfzooka/vehix/

Capri
05/20/2004, 10:48 AM
nice looking instructions, thanks!:cool:

WormGod
05/20/2004, 10:56 AM
I need to get to work doing that. AFter 2 years, mine are finally beginning to slow down going up. Good way to burn the motor out.

Good job Nerfzooka! It was a humorous little read going through those instructions too, heh. :thumbup:

Panther_Black_VX
05/20/2004, 12:59 PM
VERY cool!! I need to do this like immediately! :)

J La
05/20/2004, 06:25 PM
Ah, you are absolutely the best! I was just gonna do that this weekend and trying to figure out how the panel came off. Thank you so much for the great instructions!

UtahVXer
05/21/2004, 01:38 AM
I haven't had any problems yet. Should I just wait until I have a window problem? Or take preventative action now?

WormGod
05/21/2004, 07:36 AM
It WILL happen eventually, so it's probably not a bad thing to do this occasionally, just to avoid the bind.

Nerfzooka
05/23/2004, 10:10 AM
Since making that window lube tutorial my windows have gotten sticky again. On second glance we found that the teflon "V" at the bottom of the window was worn. We think this may be the underlying cause of the problem. My husband/mechanic/knight in shining armor says the part should be brass. If anyone expresses an interest we can fabricate some brass "V"s and see if they solve the problem. I volunteer my VX to be the first guinea pig.

tomcat837
05/23/2004, 10:13 AM
me too, please...

Nerfzooka
05/23/2004, 10:23 AM
Until a cure is perfected you can do this: When the window is open put your hand at the back of the window. While you close the window push down on the back edge of the glass. Tipping the window back like this aligns it so it moves smoothly.

WARNING: You could pinch your hand in the window. You could find yourself driving across the Golden Gate Bridge with your right hand stuck in the left-side window and you peeking out through your armpit.

SUGGESTION: Ask your spouse to get the video camera while you try this so you can get on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Panther_Black_VX
05/23/2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Nerfzooka
WARNING: You could pinch your hand in the window. You could find yourself driving across the Golden Gate Bridge with your right hand stuck in the left-side window and you peeking out through your armpit.

I suggest using your knees to steer the VX as you drive when using this method. Any incidental scratches resulting from periodically smashing against guard rails or other cars should be expected... :)

Kahuna
05/23/2004, 11:17 AM
The teflon "V", is one of the problem that contribute to the window problem. If the clip breaks any pressure will cause the window to bind up.

I went to a fabricator to see what they could do. No simple solution. Outside of making a mold (and other stuff) is just isn't cost effective to have to pros do it. Although I know many of you out there could probaly come up with something

Any how, I have made something, althought I will not post pictures here unless it works for the next month or so.

Basically, I used the broken piece which is teflon, galvanized steel(thin yet very durable) to make a new bracket surronding the old bracket, Epoxy made for metal and an epoxy made for practics to fuse the parts together. I was able to use the same bolt hole without have to buy a new screw (that's why the steal must be very thin). The screw also serves to hold the new bracket together.

Anyhow, for 3 days now I must have moved my window up and down over 1 million times...okay 500,000 sorry don't mean to exaggerate. And so far, it works great. My window actually fits, when it's rolled up, better into it's track.

If it works for more than a month, I will post pics.