PDA

View Full Version : Roof Rack Fairing

tomcat837
05/23/2004, 09:06 AM
I want to get a roof rack fairing... does any one know the size I need, and is there anyone willing to sell theirs? I saw a couple of good deals on ebay, but they are all different sizes.

Thank you.

yal^
05/23/2004, 01:21 PM
use a SEARCH option on this site, it will bring you all info you need :)

Moncha
05/24/2004, 10:45 AM
I don't know if you found this thead or not but here's a good start with some good explanation.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=664&highlight=roof+rack

tomcat837
05/24/2004, 10:50 AM
Got it, Thanks a bunch!

tomcat837
05/25/2004, 10:39 AM
I just called one of the online stores to order the fairing that looks like a bat. I asked for the size for my VX but he could not even answer that. I told him I have to factory roof rack and he stated that the fairing would not even fit on my bars. Then I asked him if he had special brackets to make it work and he just said no, didn't even check or anything...

A little help???

WormGod
05/25/2004, 10:56 AM
All crunching aside (ignore the damage), tell him he is wrong.

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/Wreck/mash2.JPG

I forget who originally posted about this fairing, but it works great. Taking his advice, a few of us here got the same one and installed them. That guy you spoke with is a joker and apparently doesnt want the business. I am sure if you hunt for the right thread, you will find the part number and all for this one. I htink the poster was Eclipse something or other? I cant recall :(

tomcat837
05/25/2004, 11:00 AM
Great, thank you!

and sorry about your damage! I will pray for a speedy recovery.

yal^
05/25/2004, 01:27 PM
I think I might've been a bit rude, so I apologise.

The fairing you are asking for you could probably find at any sporting goods store that carries Thule roof rack systems. I know, I seen those almost everywhere in Chicagoland area. If I am not mistaken the number you are looking for is 870 - it has to be 38" long. You can order it from any web site that sells Thule, but shipping will run you extra. Check the stores first.

Don't aks them about VX roof rack and what fits that, because none of the dealers - at least the ones I dealt with - even know where to begin looking for ansfers.

For this particular fairing you are going to need horizontal mighty mounts. The mounts that come with Thule fairing are sqaure, and will not fit our bars. Go to www.isuzuparts.net or even better call them at 1-800-543-8067 and ask for them. The part number I have from their invoice is 2-90116-905-0 and they call them Wing Bar Mighty. They run around $16.
Btw, don't get scared, the real name selling for isuzuparts.net is Bruce Titus Automotive Group. They really know a lot about Isuzu, and are very helpfull with parts for VX.

Hope that helps.
yal

EDIT:
Yakima carries similar mighty mounts, but they don't have the right size for VX's cross bars. Thought I'll spare you time for looking and fitting.

tomcat837
05/25/2004, 02:05 PM
Thank you... I am begining my search...