PDA

View Full Version : Man I have had a bad day...............

loco6464
06/01/2004, 01:16 PM
Ok so I just bought a new house and I’m not used to having a garage.... Well while backing in I backed into the garage door and it scuffed up my wing (no scratches just white scuffs). Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I was lucky cause I just hit the bottom of the door and the door only put a light scuff on the top of the body like where the spare tire goes only I would notice ( if you know what I mean ).
Any help like home remedies would be great because I am broke as h@ll.

I live in Indiana now so if you guys are ever out this way let me know we will hook up....

Thanks guys
Loco
:waag:

morgan-tec
06/01/2004, 03:13 PM
Get some denatured alcohol from home depot, it is the strongest stuff you can safely use on painted and plastic surfaces, use a sort cotton cloth and don't be afraid to scrub a little to get it off.;Dr;

loco6464
06/01/2004, 04:14 PM
I hope that will work but I’m thinking its white under the black and its just showing threw it. Can any one confirm this?????

Raque Thomas
06/01/2004, 04:30 PM
Loco - sorry to hear about your misfortune...you are correct, the spoiler is white under the black, so it may be scratched through the paint. When I had mine buffed, they hit it with the edge of the buffing wheel & buffed the paint off in a small spot. They used touch-up paint to repair it and you cannot tell unless you know it was there.

loco6464
06/01/2004, 04:51 PM
Can you tell me the part # for the touch up raque? Or did you just get it at the dealership? It could be worse I guess.

Raque Thomas
06/01/2004, 05:15 PM
Sorry, but I don't know what they used - he had some paint there at the shop that he put on it, it's pretty close - but you can see the touch up if you look closely.

Navigator
06/02/2004, 08:59 AM
... Be careful in choosing colors the trim is a few shades lighter than black. I used matte charcoal rustoleum on my wiper blades it matched up very well.

loco6464
06/02/2004, 09:59 AM
you think I can get it from the dealer?

yal^
06/02/2004, 01:01 PM
Talk to the dealer first. If that doesn't help you may want to call people from isuzuparts.net - 1-800-543-8067, and talk to them directly. Their web site is really goofy, and it's hard to get the quarry from search, so a phone call may bring you more answers. They do sell touch up paint for our VXs.