PDA

View Full Version : Geolandres

Hanalei
06/08/2004, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have the Yoko Geolander G052? If so, how do you like them? It seems like alot of people really like the Yokos. Also, can I put a 255-55-18 on my VX? Thanks for your help.

t2p
06/08/2004, 02:08 PM
I can answer your second question: Yes. I recommend the change to the 255-55's over the OEM 245-60's.
The 255-55-18 size has almost the same dimensions (height) as the OEM 245-60-18 size. They may be a tad smaller - very little, insignificant - so the speedo/odo reading is basically unaffected.
The rim (width) is more than capable of handling the extra tire width. No trimming of the cladding is required.
The 255-55-18's look much better than the 245-60-18's in my opinion - and may actually increase the handling and/or feel.

dog
06/08/2004, 04:54 PM
I bought the Geo H/T-s GO52 after much deliberation. I put on 265/60/18 and just love them. No mods needed. They fill up the space in the wheelwell nicely and have a "meatier" look to them. I nursed the stock tires as far as I could and really noticed the difference in the ride when I installed them.

My VX is a daily drive with some highway and city streets for my commute. I wanted a quiet street tire. The only time I'll go off road is when I miss a curve. I had a chance to put on some freeway miles last weekend and really got a chance to see how they performed. I got in the rear of a three car convoy and they were moving about 80 mph. The car and tires really held the road. The ride was better at 80 than at lower speeds. Staight and true. So quiet I was able to listen to a book on tape with a big smile on my face!!!! :D Ahhhhhhh, fun to drive!!!

Hanalei
06/08/2004, 05:54 PM
Thanks T2P and Dog, the info was very helpful and you helped me decide.... I'm goin' with the Geo's.

Thanks!

drdavidr4u
12/23/2004, 07:30 PM
Hi Geo owners!!
I'm assuming by now you have also run them in the snow....how do they bite and hold?
My OEM tires are showing some dryrot so its time...was thinking of the
Geo H/T-s GO52 265/60/18

Hey Hanalei, when did you get your proton? I'm wondering if it was yours I saw on rt 59 in West Nyack NY about a year ago which made me just have to go out and buy one...hence my Dragon Green VX!!!