PDA

View Full Version : Dyno run & Adj fuel

Cyrk
06/09/2004, 01:21 PM
Ok I am going to pull 3 dyno runs this weekend!

Have any of you added an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to a SC VX? I would like to do some dyno tuning and this is the only thing I can think of that will allow for some tuning.

Anyone know what kind of fuel regulator I can use, would like to buy one before I get to the shop.

I'll take some vid of the runs and post the dyno scans, wish that I had a some runs when she was stock. Anyone have dyno # of a stock VX?

Thanks,
Dave

AlaskaVX
06/09/2004, 01:37 PM
Let me know what you come up with, I will be doing some dyno testing soon also!

VXtreme
06/09/2004, 01:38 PM
Dave,
Let me know how the Dyno tests come out. I also would like to know if an adjustable fuel pressure regulator would offer any additional performance gains with the SC. I did change the pulley on VX to the 5 PSI about 1-1/2 weeks ago and did see a noticable increase in power and response, particularly in the upper RPM range. Of course, more is better!! Let me know what you find out on the Dyno. Also, let me know what kind of regulator you end up using if it does make a difference. VXtreme (Bob)

AlaskaVX
06/09/2004, 01:46 PM
While on the SC subject, what is the size of the crank pulley? How much bigger does it need to be to run 5.5-6 psi? Also where could I find it at?
Sorry kind of a thread jack.

Cyrk
06/09/2004, 02:05 PM
I too have the 5 psi pulley... Alaska no clue what you are talking about :confused:

Got this email from Tone about the fuel pressure regulator:

The stock one is adjustable with a security torx wrench - turn the screw clockwise to increase pressure - the vacuum line from the SC to the regulator already does this to some degree and at WOT with a stock regulator, the VX still runs rich so not sure if it is really necessary. I am using the stock one at this time - your shop can recommend one.

So I will go ahead and tune with the stock one and see...

-Dave

AlaskaVX
06/09/2004, 02:15 PM
With a belt run SCer you either get a smaller pulley for the SC (on the nose) or a larger pulley at the crank, and it does the same thing, making the SCer work harder. My belt slips a little at high rpm's so I don't want to go smaller on the nose in fear that it will slip more.

Green Dragon
06/09/2004, 02:57 PM
Once again I will provide a interesting LINK that addresses almost every issue concerning fuel delivery whether supercharged or not. The supercharger is TRD Kit but same as ours.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/Super.htm

Bob

Cyrk
06/12/2004, 03:06 PM
Well just got back... drove all the way up there only for them to tell me that they do not have a 6 lug adapter for the hubs, and that dropping the front drive shaft would harm the transfer case? Any one know if that is true or not? I am very frustrated at the whole ordeal, big F'n waste of time.

They are not sure when they are getting the 6 lug adapter in so I guess I will have to look around for another 4 wheel dyno place or a place that will drop the front drive shaft.

-Dave

Spy Hunter
06/12/2004, 03:22 PM
Our lug pattern is the same as any full-size GM...WTF is wrong with them? Are they all rice or what?

AlaskaVX
06/14/2004, 11:33 AM
OK, are afraid to drop your front drive shaft? If you have the TOD on/off switch then you will be fine, otherwise I guess it causes some problems with it powering/spinning something that isn't there.