PDA

View Full Version : Help Test drive VX in Texas

Soulpower
06/13/2004, 09:27 PM
There is a VX for sale in Austin, Texas and i need someone to take it on a test drive for me. I'm very interested in this VX and pending this test drive, i'm ready to make an offer. Anyway, if anybody here can help out, i would be forever greatful. Please contact me at procgeo@yahoo.com or just respond to this tread with your email. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Anita
06/13/2004, 10:41 PM
Soul,

It's not this one, is it? This was posted on the forum by another person looking for a VX.

"*2001 Black VX 18600 miles at a used dealer in Austin, Texas-actuallu flew down to buy this one after I was assured that the vehicle was "clean, no damage at all" only to get there and found a VX that was beat to h***! I felt sooooo sorry for it, looked like it was used at a construction site and things drug into and out of every orafice it has, deep gauges inside the door panels, door jambs, exterior cladding the seats were worn down to the fabric weave.....anyway stay away!!!!!!"

VX crazy
06/14/2004, 06:19 AM
There are a few of us in Austin, I would gladly help you out with test drive! I could take pics and email you also.

vxkween
06/14/2004, 08:11 AM
Hey let me know if the VX you're looking at is for sale by Roger Beasley Mazda in Austin, I'm the one that flew down to buy it and left it there because it was in terrible shape.

Soulpower
06/14/2004, 11:11 PM
My many thanx to everyone. Good looking out, Vxkween. Thats the same exact VX i was looking at. I was hoping to be "riding in style" within a few days. I was ready to pay cash too. Damn, its back to square 1 again (luckily with my money still under my mattress-i mean Bank). Everytime i think this site couldnt possibly be any more useful, you guys just outdo yourselves. Thank you!

t2p
06/15/2004, 05:58 AM
Soulpower:
Yes - this site and the members are great.
Be patient. There (generally) is a decent supply of used VX's for sale - (almost) surprising - especially when you consider the low production/import numbers. And low mileage examples are out there.
Some 'outgrow' the VX and need something larger. For some the ride, ingress-egress, etc. gets old. For some, the lease has expired. It appears others purchased a VX as a second (or third) car - and are ready to move on to another vehicle.
Good luck !
t2p

tomcat837
06/15/2004, 07:57 AM
Have you checked ebay? there seems to be a constant influx of VXs for sale there...

visconte
06/15/2004, 02:19 PM
democrat or republican? Unfortunately some people tell porkies

Soulpower
06/15/2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks yall! Short of knocking on VX owners doors and making them "offers they cant refuse", i'm trying everything; Ebay, autotrader etc. Most Vxs on ebay have high mileage. since i plan to keep mine forever (Ok, maybe 200, 000 miles), I was hoping to get one under 30 maybe even 20, 000 miles. Plus, i'm particularly interested in the ebony w/ red interior (Although i will consider the proton for my 2nd VX later). Patiently i await! Yall make the waiting bearable cos i'm living vicariously!

vxkween
06/16/2004, 07:50 AM
Soul.......I bought the 30 day Carfax full report membership while we were searching for our VX, that's how we found out that the VX in Alabama had been wrecked (saleperson said it had never been wrecked)...anyway we still have about 23 days left so if you need a detailed report pulled on any you find let me know and I'll pull them for you.

Mr. I-MAN
06/16/2004, 09:00 AM
hey soul power I saw a proton for sale heading west on rte 83 towards Lemont IL . I dont know if its is still there worth a shot.

yal^
06/16/2004, 04:45 PM
really??? was it a dealer or private?
I live 5 minutes away from there, I could swing by and take a look...

Soulpower
06/16/2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks again, guys! VXkween, i'll definitely take you up on that offer. About the proton, i'm actually looking for an Ebony (w/ red interior). Although, i've seen some amazing VXs in just about every color on this forum (which makes me wonder if i'm being a lil foolish with this "ebony w/ red interior' thing. But then again, my whole infatuation with the VX might be just that; foolish. I have never even touched a VX, let alone been inside one. Not even a single test drive and yet i spend hours everyday searching newpapers and internet listings for one.