PDA

View Full Version : i need help, PLEASE

dstruction
06/14/2004, 11:15 PM
So here is the deal. I recently added a calmini cone filter to my intake. It was a noticable increase in pep until now. Every thing was good for about a week, but the other day it started getting sluggish. The check engine light hasn't came on and all the gauges are normal. It feels like a bad plug or timing but I don't know. Has this been a problem with anyone else? I am stumped. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Anita
06/15/2004, 01:29 PM
I havent heard of a problem like you describe attributed to a Calmini or any other kind of filter. Sounds like something unrelated.

morgan-tec
06/15/2004, 03:20 PM
Is the Calmini filter an oiled gauze style filter? If so the problem is probibly that extra oil has been pulled into your intake and coated the wires in your MAF, this is a common complaint with K&N and other oiled gauze filters. To fix this just remove your MAF and using a Qtip clean the wires with some carb cleaner or like solvent. Then replace everything and try it, should fix ya right up. If thats not it, try disconnecting your + battery cable for a few min. to reset the CPU and then reconnect. I hope these help ya out man.;Dr;

dstruction
06/15/2004, 07:39 PM
thanks, I'll try cleaning the sensor. Hopefully it works. If not I'll try switcing back to stock and see if the problem is solved or if it is somthing else. Thanks for the help.