PDA

View Full Version : Vehicross Navigation System?

Buff_E1
06/15/2004, 09:14 PM
I have been searching for a VX but before I purchase one I want to make sure that the VX was never released with the built it GPS in the US. I know in japan it did have the Navigation system, but I have been unable to find on with a gps system here. So Anybody got a Stock Gps in there VX?

rocket man
06/15/2004, 11:45 PM
I have never seen a post in this forum refering to a "stock" navigation system either here or in Japan. I knew they had a monitor installed on the dash that was for the rear camera..but I could be wrong here..A few of these models are out there<, I think..Suggest you do a search...good luck

Buff_E1
06/16/2004, 07:44 AM
I don't know if this will work but this is the pic of the Japanese VX with the navigation screen.
http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/29cc0e73/bc/My+Documents/VX+navigation.jpg?bfTAG0ABpYyxhDgC

dutchie
06/16/2004, 07:58 AM
I have a Japanese VX with the (optional) navi system.
Each manufacturer has to offer this option, since more than 75% of the cars driving in Japan are equipped with one

Buff_E1
06/16/2004, 08:01 AM
So was it ever released in the us with the navi system?

Triathlete
06/16/2004, 08:41 AM
No factory nav system was offered in the U.S..The only options that were available from the factory on U.S. spec VX's was the roof rack, rear cargo mat and the Ironman package which was the Ironman badging. There are however several aftermarket nav systems available and numerous members of this forum have installed them on their VX's.

transio
06/16/2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Triathlete
There are however several aftermarket nav systems available and numerous members of this forum have installed them on their VX's. Who has installed them and/or who sells them, please? :)

zadam123
06/16/2004, 01:33 PM
I installed the pioneer AVIC N1 dvd/mp3/tv/nav system.
Heres the post for it

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4168&highlight=avic

adam

transio
06/16/2004, 04:33 PM
I see, I was kind of looking for a "built-in" like they have in Japan. Nothing like that available? Guess I gotta make it myself! :)

Hotsauce
06/17/2004, 02:35 AM
The Pioneer and Kenwood touchscreen GPS are the closest to OEM type on the market today.

The AVIC-N1 that Zadam has is almost ideal for the VX, considering its seamless integration of rear camera.

I've hear the kenwood play, and its audio is very good, I have yet to hear the pioneer play.

John C.

rocket man
06/20/2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Zadam 123

How is that avid unit doing?

Have you taken it out of a "recorded" area yet?? What happens? Did you ever get the rear camera sorted out?(aiming and area coverage)

John