PDA

View Full Version : VX shopping and reasonable prices?

spitfire5454
06/16/2004, 01:50 PM
Well im a bit frustrated. Ive been VX shopping for some time and still nothing. I finally found one, and when i called to send in the check i was informed that it had been sold the day before:mad: My question is how much should i expect to pay for one. I cant seem to find one in my range. I want a proton with around 30k miles, and i would like to stay around $16000 cash. Is this unreasonable? also, Ive never bought a car out of state before so is it best to ship or take a road trip. Id rather buy it in Texas (where i live). after waiting some time a proton popped up in texas and i thought this was the one, only to discover that it had TOO FEW miles. it has 8500, which is great, but the guy wants $22999. This is killing me, i really need to find one before the summers over.

The only other one i found for sale in Texas is the infamous black one in Austin. I called today to ask about the damage and he didnt deny it totally but he was kind of shady about it and wrote it off as "normal wear and tear". He gave me really great deal,so i was tempted to buy it. but i really want a yellow one, and i dont want to be stuck with somthing i didnt want because i was desperate. Can anyone else relate?

Kahuna
06/16/2004, 02:01 PM
Hang in there...you'll find one. $16,000..maybe a bit shy of the mark, but you never know. But be preparded to travel for the one your looking for. They are hard to come by.

I went on faith. When I bought mine I asked for alot of pictures. Because I had to fly to Arizona I asked for him to cut the price...which he did (due to travel-gas-flight). Just make sure you get the VIN # and get a carfax report. VERY IMPORTANT!!

Good Luck, If your not busy and have millions to spare come down to San Diego on June 26 for our Mini-meet. There should be 8 or 9 VX's there.

Dallas4u
06/16/2004, 02:02 PM
If all else fails... swap the extra $2k you'll save for a '99 silver with an SC, take a road trip, and you gotta deal!

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&threadid=4306

vxkween
06/16/2004, 02:46 PM
Would you like me to post a detailed list of the "normal wear and tear items" for the Austin Vehicross so that no one else wastes their time with Roger Beasley Mazda?

This VX needs several thousand dollars worth of body work!!

Multimediaman
06/18/2004, 01:07 PM
What are they asking for the one in Austin?

vxkween
06/18/2004, 01:49 PM
When I was working with them their "internet special" was $16945.00, the day after we went and saw it and left it there I checked their site and it had been changed to $17995.00.

Thickness
06/19/2004, 12:37 PM
spitfire,
I agree with Kahuna.Be patient,you`ll find one.I searched for months and was just about to give it up when a `99 in mint condition showed up at the local Infinity dealership about 1 mile from my office.It had 40k mi on it.I got it for $12k.

t2p
06/21/2004, 06:38 AM
Nice .... low mileage 99 for 12K ........
no such luck here .........
I found a nice low mileage (37K) 99 at a local dealer ............
I offered 12.5K and they just about laughed ........
later offered 14K ........ and they still were 'uninterested' - to say the least ...

VXcaver
06/21/2004, 06:53 AM
What about this one:

Autotrader Proton (http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=162036425&dealer_id=&car_year=2001&make=ISU&distance=any&max_price=&model=VEHICROSS&advcd_on=n&end_year=2001&min_price=&first_record=26&certified=n&address=85646&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1999&=&color=&cardist=357)

Looks like a screamin' deal to me.

It's in San Diego. Buy it, then go to the beach with Kahuna

azskyrider
06/21/2004, 08:16 AM
Not only in San Diego but also a member of this BOARD!;eekb;

azskyrider
06/21/2004, 08:22 AM
Rogues Proton for sale (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3801)

This is the same VX that is posted in the autotrader link. Click on the link above to go to the thread.

Cheers,