PDA

View Full Version : what can I do? raido

hotdog
06/19/2004, 06:09 PM
Hi, The raido in this sucks as for pulling in staions no more than may-be 45mi. at the most am or fm:mad:
Is there a antenna ground or this raido suck that much?
Would like to put a new Kenwood in but not too sure with this problem of no reception:confused:
any help from the Gurus would be grateful
(bought a vw to save a little on gas hanger for antenna works beautifuly;Dr; not on vx though)

Green Dragon
06/19/2004, 06:44 PM
XM Satellite Radio

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60206&item=5705434283&tc=photo

Anita
06/19/2004, 06:59 PM
Bob,

I didnt see this on your list of mods on your profile. Do you have it on your VX?

Zu4two
06/19/2004, 08:03 PM
The problem with radio reception is due to the small antenna and poor placement (not in middle of truck). It's just as sucky with an aftermarket radio. You might try installing a preamplifier on the antenna, if long distance radio reception is truly needed. There have also been a few VXers that have had broken antennas. Their antennas performed even poorer. Supposedly this was evidenced by being able to bend the antenna a good 90 degrees or more.

Triathlete
06/20/2004, 02:49 PM
My antenna bend and flexes like crazy! At highway speeds the my antenna ball often hits my back window! But I still get good (not great!) reception. Of course Tucson doesn't have too many skyscrapers to block the airwaves!

Green Dragon
06/20/2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Bob,

I didnt see this on your list of mods on your profile. Do you have it on your VX?

Delphi Roady XM Radio bought for VX but Barbara commented on how nice it would be if she had one in her Trooper so that,s where I installed it. Absolutely terrific sound & reception ( her Trooper has Nakamichi Stereo). I am waiting for the new Delphi XM with built in demodulator to hit the street ( Any Day Now) before I purchase another one for the VX.

Bob

P.S. Another Mod not listed is my VX Demagnitizer. This thing is such a Chick magnet I have to fight the babes off all the time. This way when I am just too tired, I just flip the Demagnitizer on and it acts like a Stealth Fighter, that is they just don't notice it.
(LOL)

Bob