PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions...

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
06/27/2004, 02:46 PM
Will removeing the elbow connecting the air box to the wheelwell and switching to a K&N filter safely add horsepower?

Has anybody run into any voltage issues running an aftermarket stereo system?

I would like to try and trackdown the previous owner. There are two wires next to the front seats that dissapear into the dash. One is a small on/off toggle switch that successfully makes the radio go all fuzzy and the other is a black piece of monster cable that terminates w/ a headphone type jack. The VX originally came from Hoffman Isuzu in East Hartford, CT and then lived in MA somewhere.

Any info would be helpfull. Thanks!

lenny
06/27/2004, 03:52 PM
hi

i have had no probs with filter as for more power erm cant realy tell but sounds great

as for ya stereo i run 3 amps 2 12" subs and dont have a problem with charge system

as for the last question erm

sounds like some one has fitted an fm modulator thats what the switch may be for they are used so you can have an input from cd dvd, video player and so on this is a shot in the dark you will have to trace where they go to,as for the jack plug no idea

hope this helps

Green Dragon
06/27/2004, 05:46 PM
K& M will give you a LITTLE more HP but careful when reoiling as excess oil will get on MAF sensor & Give you a check engine light.

Been There done that.

Bob F