PDA

View Full Version : Dome Light Trouble...

SPAZZ
07/08/2004, 06:34 PM
ever since my VX rolled and the shop suposedly fixed it and it was returned to me, my dome light has been having issues. Now it will not work at all and without dome light working properly it seriously has demon possesed attributes.

It will unlock itself at will sporadically, alarm will go off, battery will drain, and sometimes it will scream at me as if a door is ajar..so I have to open rear door and then close before I can lock/arm my VX:confused: :confused: :confused:

does anyone know what the issue is and what years of ISuzu uses the same dome light ?????

tomcat837
07/08/2004, 07:12 PM
Nope, but it sounds like a big time short / crossover wires.
Good luck! and let us know how you come out...

SPAZZ
07/08/2004, 09:15 PM
the only thing wrong is the bulb blew and also the way that the plastic covering is suposed to turn off and on the dome doesn't work proper.

does any one know how the dome light works and if I am missing something????

SGT.BATGUANO
07/08/2004, 11:02 PM
You could try pulling the lens, put a continuity tester across the lamp socket turn the light on and jiggle the fixture to see if you have an intermittant power or ground connection, but considering the other problems you mentioned, I'd go with the short / pinched wire(s) from body work theory or maybe a bad chassis ground or even wire harness ground, since you don't report blowing fuses. Check ground wire connections for rust or corrosion. Ever get any hi-water inside?

BumbleV-X
07/08/2004, 11:34 PM
Make sure to check the dash for stray lizzards. I hear they crawl up in dashboards and cause all kinds of problems. :-)

Deby

thedutchguy
07/09/2004, 05:14 AM
your dome light is activated by a negative pulse from the alarm unit located under the dash.
There is an output with a red/green wire.
I f you cut this wire, your dome unit wil not be triggered anymore by the alarm unit.
If the problems does not cease, the pulse is originated elsewhere and you should check the wiring for shearing al the way.

SGT.BATGUANO
07/09/2004, 03:52 PM
After re-reading this, it could be a problem with the door switches/ wiring or alarm module.

Francesco Rizzo
08/24/2004, 02:59 PM
My dome decides it doesn't want to turn off after I turn the car off, and my factory alarm has never worked, do you think cutting those wires fromt he alarm might solve it.. tired of neighbors knocking on my door and feeling stupid for leaving the light on.

Green Dragon
08/24/2004, 03:30 PM
I always wondered if you would see the light.

Bob F