PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Question...

SilverBullet75
07/15/2004, 10:37 PM
Hi,
One fuel injector is acting wierd (#5 I think). Engine starts to misfire, throwing up a code.. I heard about tapping on the fuel rail, which fixed it for a few days at max. Then I realized it was the fuel injector itself. I tried turning the injector a few degrees and it fixed the problem. Question... are there seals on the top and bottom of the fuel injector that I can replace? any help appreciated.
thanks!

Hotsauce
07/16/2004, 02:51 AM
The seals top and bottom are different sizes, but they come in a set of 8 each.

I've posted the part number in some other thread.

John C.

skunkworks
07/16/2004, 04:56 AM
If you have have an injector cutting in and out, and tapping on it brings it back, it may just be sticking. Try running a good cleaner through the tank or better yet have them all cleaned.

albert
________
CS Concept (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_CS_Concept)

SilverBullet75
08/27/2004, 10:36 AM
Hi! I just fixed the problem..
I replaced the o-rings for all the fuel injectors and also replaced the fuel pressure regulator. It's been about a month and a half and no problems since!!! (only problem: I don't know what fixed it... the o-rings, or the FP reg.!! LOL).

:D :D :D :D

SilverBullet75
05/10/2005, 02:01 PM
:mad:

It only fixed it for a few months! It was not the fuel pressure regulator (from what I can tell). The missing problem and Check Engine Light came back a couple days ago. I can remedy it by twisting the #5 fuel injector a few degrees, either direction. It fixes it for a few days then comes back. When it fixes it, it has more power and runs smoother than it ever has since I owned it!.

**Anita, you mentioned that my exhaust has a strange sound to it when revved.... this is the problem! :)

Two possibilities:

-Carmax replaced the wire that goes to the injector coupler. Bad repair? (I can move the wire and the problem happens as well.)
- Injector is failing (least likely, in my mind)

***Anyone have a fuel injector CONNECTOR with wire (as long as possible) laying around?
Thanks!

Tone
05/10/2005, 02:15 PM
New ones from Merlin are $110 plus o-rings, aftermarket (no one has listed but they do for the same engine in a Trooper/Rodeo) are $79 special order here in TX. Misfires can also be caused by low octane fue, lean conditions caused by vacuum leaks, or carbon build up on the head/valves that causes the engine to need higher octane fuel to avoid misfire/pinging.

SilverBullet75
05/10/2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks Tone,
Do you happen to show a listing or part number for the electrical connector for the fuel injector? (with wire?)

I want to try that before I replace the injector.
Thanks for your help!

Tone
05/10/2005, 04:37 PM
Bad news - if that is broken/damaged the only way to get just the Isuzu part is from a junk yard or to buy a big, expensive harness from Isuzu...

psychos2
05/10/2005, 07:53 PM
why not try switching 2 of the injectors around? this will tell you for sure if it is the plug or the injector.i think the connector is a standard connector used for injectors.i will try to look tomorrow and see if they are the same as the ones used on boats.if they are i may be able to get you a connector. also did you try cleaning the connection ? maybe some corrosion causing a bad connection? shawn

SilverBullet75
05/11/2005, 08:43 AM
That's a good idea. I just hate to take the thing apart more than once... but I've done it once, might as well...

thanks for the help! I'll let you know what I find.

psychos2
05/11/2005, 02:21 PM
the connector is different. shawn

SilverBullet75
05/11/2005, 02:23 PM
Ok. Thank you for checking!
---JIM---