PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Problem

Hanalei
07/22/2004, 09:27 AM
My cd changer is acting up. I press a button to play, the orange lights blinks and then it comes up "ERR3". I read what that means in the manual and it says that the changer is not operating properly and to eject the cd. Only problem is, it won't eject, none of them will. When I press the eject to try to eject all of the cds, the radio comes on. Odd indeed. Guess I'm looking at a visit to the mechanic.

Should I keep cds in there all the time or do I have to take them out when they're not being played? It mentions in the manual that they should be taken out rather than being kept in there, which, I think, defeats the purpose of having the darn thing to begin with.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else experienced this?

Anita
07/22/2004, 09:48 AM
I think everyone has had different experiences with their changers. I have had 6 cd's in my changer (both burned and store bought) since I bought my VX in 2000. Almost 2 years ago, I had one incident with a cd getting stuck. It was one of those cd's that came with a book - very thin. Got stuck and wouldnt come out- Err 3... I got mine out by pressing the eject button, hitting the left side of the changer (took 10 minutes) and it finally popped out. Since then, my changer has had no problems.

If you take your VX to the dealer, they will most likely remove the changer and send it out to be fixed. You may or may not see those cd's again. I wouldnt recommend the "banging" technique unless it is the last resort before going to the dealer.

Many on the forum have changed out their cd players and receivers when the stock changer gave out. Good luck!!

nyc #1 ironman
07/22/2004, 12:34 PM
A problemmmmmmm with the CD changer?????????????????? Nooooooooo,, not on the VX???????

jayfotos
07/22/2004, 11:01 PM
This is funny, mine crapped out the other day....off to the dealer, hope this is covered.:confused:

MZ-N10
07/22/2004, 11:47 PM
mp3 deck
________
Roll a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

deermagnet
07/23/2004, 06:29 AM
My changer performed flawlessly for 2.5 years, then it jammed. I took it apart to see if i could fix it and found a broken piece of white plastic. I took my CD's out and got it replaced under warranty. Since then I only use it as a single disc player and have had no problems. My 'single disc only rule' may or may not help avoid trouble, who knows?

There's no reason to keep your CD's in there when it gets replaced. You may never see them again. Just take it apart and get them out. You don't have to put it back together the right way, it's gonna be junked anyway.

Mark

t2p
07/23/2004, 07:32 AM
I also follow the 'single disc rule' ......... and so far, no problem.

nater
07/23/2004, 12:49 PM
I follow the "copies only" rule. They are very thin and I have never had a problem. (My "Train" cd got stuck; it is VERY thick). I made a copy and the copy is fine.

I'm on my third CD changer. However, now that I have the ipod interface, the same discs just play and play and I never eject them...

gofather
07/23/2004, 11:53 PM
I'm actually looking for a new cd changer myself... anyone know of a place besides the dealer of where I could find one?