PDA

View Full Version : front wheel bearing grease

chucklee
07/27/2004, 08:17 AM
I'm at 30K and need my front wheel bearings repacked. How much did you guys pay to get it done and where did you go?

thanks

Navigator
07/27/2004, 12:53 PM
Many have done it in their driveway, however it is rather complicated. The details are covered in great detail on this site www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/56 :luck:

The VX wheel bearings are the same as most other late model ISUZU SUV's, so any shop familiar with servicing ISUZU's can do it.

deermagnet
07/27/2004, 06:39 PM
I've had it done twice at Isuzu dealers. The first time it was $192- $168 labor plus $24 parts. Last week it was $158- $140 labor plus $18 parts.

Mark

driver3
07/28/2004, 06:16 AM
I read that article the first time I did mine.. it's a good source of information... after the first time buying any tools you need it gets really cheap... the only thing you HAVE to replace is the seals and they are like $3.. Since then I have done the job 3-4 times, I could probably do it with my eyes closed now.

BTW!!
The last time I repacked the bearings, I was doing the brakes.. well the right rear axle seal was blown, and the bearings were burned up (not that bad according to the dealer later) on both sides up front, so I packed them and took it to the dealer and got everythind done under warranty... I'm at 72K, 2001... The dealer said they really thought the bearings were ok, but since it was apart and blah blah.. fix my bearings for free thank you... LOL

Hanalei
07/28/2004, 08:16 AM
Is this something that all VX owners should do? I'm at 38K (2001) and I have not had it done.

chucklee
08/16/2004, 02:26 PM
The manual says who have to do it every 30K miles, whether you do or not is really up to you, but I want to do it so if my wheels fall off I can blame ISUZU.