PDA

View Full Version : Who has repainted their Hoods?

Billyphxaz
07/28/2004, 03:52 PM
Hi VX,ers
Has anyone repainted their hood? I,am thinking about repainting my hood because of a few rock chips and my paint shop stated after one month then I can install a Clear Bra.
What price has been paid if you had the hood repainted?
Iwant to keep my baby looking brand new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BillyRay

Andrey
12/20/2005, 05:06 PM
I plan to do that. I have a quote of $324 but I need some work on the hood done. Besides - it is tuff to do Victory White to match the hood without blending (going over the fenders). MAke sure you are going to a good body shop with new equipment (blending computer). Some places evwen can take a foto of your fender to match hood to that as car was already exposed to elements and some fading occured.
Good luck !

VXtreme
12/21/2005, 11:16 AM
About 3 months ago, I had the hood repainted on my Ebony VX for the same reasons.....rock ships and a couple of scratches. It was around $300 and looks like new now. If you got a quote for around $300....that's a fair price for a reputable (not Maaco) body shop to do a good job.

Lashsquat
12/21/2005, 12:11 PM
Not painted my hood had it rhino or linx rather, with the rest of my ploypro cladding..best thing i ever done for my VX..pictures are on my profile if you want to see.

biju
12/21/2005, 12:48 PM
For roughly $300, what's included? When you say 'repainted hood' are you referring to the whole thing, or just the areas needing repainting (i.e. rock chips, etc.). Clear coat too for that price? :confused:

I'm also looking to eventually get this done on my dragon, then have the 3m bra layered on top. Did they state why you need the waiting period before applying the clear bra after the paint job? :cool:

Any help would be great.

-biju.

WormGod
01/02/2006, 08:55 AM
Had mine repainted after I faught a wall and lost. Was hoping it would be replaced but stingy arse State Farm said bondo would suffice. Although, at that point, the hood was the least of my worries. The other $8k worth of damage was priority, heh.

So ya, I dont have your answer since I had a plethora of other war injuries. It shouldnt be any more than $400 though. Although, I would have at least 1-2 extra coats of clear laid on it. You can never have too much clear on a hood. Makes it better for wetsanding down the road to take care of them unsightly scratches and road knicks.

Bulldoggie
01/02/2006, 11:01 AM
I'm also looking to eventually get this done on my dragon, then have the 3m bra layered on top. Did they state why you need the waiting period before applying the clear bra after the paint job? :cool:

Any help would be great.

-biju.

The waiting period, is for the paint curing time.
in my cure time, I got fresh rock chips, before I could get the 3m bra put on. :(