PDA

View Full Version : TOD Problems under 30 MPH

VR4-Quest
08/12/2004, 12:32 PM
My TOD continues to act weird and its starting to get on my nerves. Heres what happens.

Speeds - between 0 and 30 mph only
occurs only at half (partial) throttle, not at low acceleration or full acceleration.
Acts normally at low throttle and full throttle and at speeds above 30 mph. Really noticable in first gear, but will do it in second gear (even in the winter start mode).

What happens - at the above conditions, the TOD transmits power to the front wheels in cycles - 1 led is lit, all 3 are lite, 1 led is lit, all 3 are lit (up and down, up and down) untill 30 mph is hit. You can visually see the led's light up and down, and you can feel the jerking of the power going and coming to the front axle.

The dealer looked at it, said they ran diagnostics (???), and said its the result of the "feel" with my oversized tires (285/60R18 Nitto's), which is bull****.

I have no dash warning or check lights for the TOD, is there some codes I can read or check, I'm guessing it has to be one of the 12 sensors the TOD uses to detect slip. I might try another more compitent Isuzu dealer, but I'm running out of options as to what to do.

VR4-Quest
08/16/2004, 10:24 AM
No TOD experts on this board......wow........anybody?

Triathlete
08/16/2004, 10:30 AM
Computer, sensors, and tire pressure can all affect your TOD. It doesn't sound like a wiring problem from the way its acting. As long as front and rear tires are of the same size, tires should not be the problem. However if it did start after tire replacement you might double check that the shop didn't screw up and put a differant size tire in one spot (not likely) or maybe you got a bad tire that is off size or wore faster than the others. Some some thoughts. I'm sure some others will have other ideas. Good luck.