PDA

View Full Version : Florida Here I Come

Bantan
08/12/2004, 11:20 PM
Be on the look out for an ebony hauling a Uhaul trailer on I-95S all the way to Ft Lauderdale. this weekend.
My fellow NYers, its been real. Sorry I can't have that BBQ in LI with the Jerk chicken this year. I'm gonna miss you guys & gals:waag:

nyc #1 ironman
08/13/2004, 05:39 AM
Mercer,
R U moving there?

transio
08/13/2004, 06:25 AM
Not too far from me :D

Jonnie
08/13/2004, 07:27 AM
Um, a welcoming hurricane too!

;eekb;

Joe_Black
08/13/2004, 07:41 AM
Great, another yankee! ;pg; But hey, just in time for the next beach meet and some rallycross action!;Do;

Bantan
08/13/2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Jonnie
Um, a welcoming hurricane too!

;eekb;

Thanks to Charley I will be postoning my move until Tuesday.

Bantan
08/13/2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
Mercer,
R U moving there?
Yes George I am moving to florida and you r welcome to visit.

nyc #1 ironman
08/13/2004, 09:19 AM
How can I visit when I'm not allowing you to go?

Andrey
08/13/2004, 10:02 AM
lucky U....... I wanna move to Florida too.... wifey say no.... should've done that before... sigh......

Bantan
08/13/2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
How can I visit when I'm not allowing you to go?
Can I go, pretty please?
I still think your VX is hotter than mine.

Bantan
08/13/2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by transio
Not too far from me :D

I had an eye out for you 2 days ago when I was in Miami chilin out on South Beach. I was in a Civic. Can't wait to see that lowered Vx of yours. any dealers near you as I will be in South Broward, not too far from Miami?

nyc #1 ironman
08/13/2004, 01:12 PM
Noooooo Bantan, yoursssss is much nicer . R U crazyyyy Bro? I luv yours to death. Alot of times I go to your gallery just so I can hear myself say "D-A-M-N",,,, lol,,,,Wish you weren't leaving the NY crew so soon. We would have had aliitle goin away party 4 U VX style :)

MiamiVX
08/14/2004, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood! Glad to see another VX'er in the area. What county are you moving to? I'm originally from the NE...

Bantan
08/14/2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by MiamiVX
Welcome to the neighborhood! Glad to see another VX'er in the area. What county are you moving to? I'm originally from the NE...

Moving to Broward county, Ft Lauderdale

BigJoe
08/14/2004, 01:43 PM
Sorry to see you go............

Good luck and Have fun in Fl.

zadam123
08/14/2004, 02:02 PM
Again, Im sorry to hear your leaving us.

BTW ill be in FLA nov 17 - 22, Taking the kid to Disney land, maby if it aint to far we'll catch up and i can see your new mods since i know you will have some more by then as you always do

As a matter of fact i bet your working on something new as we speek, LOL

adam

-x-
08/15/2004, 07:31 PM
...interested to see who'd be up for an o-town (orlando) meet before tha end of tha year? ...x

Maverick
08/15/2004, 07:36 PM
how weird is that!! i was up in NY/PA this past week and a half, left on friday and drove back down in my Ebony with a Uhaul trailer!! if id seen you id of thought it was a reflection! :D
shame we didnt run into each other on the way, but im sure at least a few people at gas stations or rest stops might of got a bit freaked out ("didnt that just leave an hour ago??") ;Db;

BTW: the trip was rough , especially on I 95 between Jax and Palm bay, Charlie was really pissed..and didnt have a problem letting people know..i swear my uhaul was actually floating at one point..but the VX handled the nasty weather exceptionally!!!!
Also, i ran into a fellow VX'r and VX.Info poster in Liberty NY, a true coincidence. If i hadnt mad a wrong turn awhile before and decided i "needed" coffee, wed of missed each other completely. It was good meeting you Doc!!

Bantan
08/16/2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by zadam123
As a matter of fact i bet your working on something new as we speek, LOL

Damn, how did you know?

Bantan
08/16/2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Maverick
how weird is that!! i was up in NY/PA this past week and a half, left on friday and drove back down in my Ebony with a Uhaul trailer!! if id seen you id of thought it was a reflection! :D
shame we didnt run into each other on the way, but im sure at least a few people at gas stations or rest stops might of got a bit freaked out ("didnt that just leave an hour ago??") ;Db;

BTW: the trip was rough , especially on I 95 between Jax and Palm bay, Charlie was really pissed..and didnt have a problem letting people know..i swear my uhaul was actually floating at one point..but the VX handled the nasty weather exceptionally!!!!
Also, i ran into a fellow VX'r and VX.Info poster in Liberty NY, a true coincidence. If i hadnt mad a wrong turn awhile before and decided i "needed" coffee, wed of missed each other completely. It was good meeting you Doc!!
WOW!
I postponed leaving on Friday because of the hurricane.
What size Trailer did you haul?
What was your top speed?

Bantan
08/16/2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by -x-
...interested to see who'd be up for an o-town (orlando) meet before tha end of tha year? ...x
We family!!!
Make it happen?

Joe_Black
08/17/2004, 05:16 AM
Don't forget the beach meet next month! Plus the RallyCross has been rescheduled to the 28th in Fort Meade.

Maverick
08/18/2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Bantan
WOW!
I postponed leaving on Friday because of the hurricane.
What size Trailer did you haul?
What was your top speed?

i hauled a 5x8 "van" trailer, tracked perfectly..i didnt push it past 80 mph though, it started getting a little drifty up past 75 on downhill runs.. im guessing the total weight was in the 3500 lb range or so..the only time i could feel the trailer was on steep inclines, or when it was "surfing" in the flooded sections of i-95 (but ofcourse i was going much slower then as well.) kept it in "3" most of the time as per the vehicle manual.. theonly problem i had was with the trailer lights. turns out i have a bad logic box. no brake or turn signal on the right side, but everything else worked fortunately..

btw, the whole round trip was 3600 miles ( iwas all over the north east) , i used 1/2 quart of mobile one, and had a high of 22 mpg (way up) and a low of about 13 mpg (with trailer in bad weather.) average fuel cost was around $1.87 a gallon..lowest was in the carolinas (it used to be Georgia) , highest was in NY....
http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/castlepages/pandpics/trip/vxuhaul.jpg
http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/castlepages/pandpics/trip/ny06.jpg

volume311
08/18/2004, 09:56 PM
Welcome to Florida. The cheapest gas I know of around here is at a Racetrack gas station in Hallandale. $1.77. 5 minutes south of downtown Ft.Lauderdale.

Seems as Oil Prices climd our gas prices go down.We had a little tax break here on gas for the month of August. A whole whopping $0.08, mandatory for all gas stations.

Other than that enjoy Florida and the fact that when its a terrential down pour, no one on I-95 slows down below the speed limit.:rolleyes:

Bantan
09/29/2004, 11:37 AM
Well I made it, and then there was the welcoming commitee to greet me 3 more hurricanes, had no power or internet for a few days then got busy at my Job. You guys should have see the look on the faces of some rubber neckers when I flew by them. Then there were those that speed up to catch a glimse, cause they thought the trailer was pulling itself since the trailer was bigger than the VX.I Saw a few accidents on the way, which took me a total of 24 hours. Started out doing 55mph as suggested by the U-haul manual for a 6x12 trailer. I soon figured at this rate I would never get there, so I averaged 70 most of the rest of the way. I discovered that I got better handling & MPG at 70mph with cruise control. The weight of the trailer and contents was about 4700lbs, 300lbs over the load bearing limit for that trailer(sh, don't tell) I did not think I had that much stuff. I did not switch drivers, (is that a record?) there were a few scary momments, and I vowed never to do it again. Here are a few pics:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2252704sep_098.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2252704sep_095.jpg

Bantan
09/29/2004, 12:33 PM
Well being originally from the Carribbean I'm use to hurricanes, so I took it in stride. However I was worried that if the eye of the huricane past directly this way the 2 Cranes attached to 2 buildings across the street from where I live would come crashing down on my Baby:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2252604sep_289.jpg
Needless to say I did not sleep:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2252604sep_288.jpg

It was "De ja vous" for me:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/225ground_zero.jpg

transio
09/29/2004, 12:57 PM
Is that last photo real? You got a photo of the towers coming down?

Bantan
09/29/2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by transio
Is that last photo real? You got a photo of the towers coming down?

Yes bro, unfortunately it is real, almost lost my VX that day.
Oh yeah, and my life too.

AlaskaVX
09/29/2004, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah, and my life too.
Glad you have your prioritys straight! :cool!:

Chopper
09/30/2004, 06:22 PM
No record, did Firebaugh Cali to Hunts Point N.Y. in 68 hrs. a few years back.....at realictic speeds.

Bantan
10/01/2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Chopper
No record, did Firebaugh Cali to Hunts Point N.Y. in 68 hrs. a few years back.....at realictic speeds.
Wow thats amazing!

I was talking about driving for 24hrs without stopping to rest or switching drivers.

transio
10/02/2004, 08:30 AM
Oh yeah, and my life too. Holy crap man. That's insane.

Bantan
06/27/2006, 08:56 AM
Can't believe its been almost 2 years since I've moved to Florida. Anyone up for a Meet/Reunion?

New Florida Crew:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/225dec604_095.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/225dec604_095.jpg)

And the good ole days, NYC Crew:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/225misc_1110.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/225misc_1110.jpg)

9tinyfingaz
06/27/2006, 12:14 PM
you know im in.......

shoota77
06/27/2006, 12:54 PM
i'd be in

Francesco Rizzo
06/27/2006, 03:01 PM
hey, I'd be in.. orlando area.. I started a tread for a hot import nights get together...

Bantan
06/28/2006, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. Since my birthday is coming up, and I just moved into my new bachelor pad, I was thinking we could have a birthday/house warming/2 year anniversary living in Fl, VX Meet at my place in Miramar. I will even make my world famous "Jerk Chicken Wings".

Any takers?

By the way, welcome to the VX family Joseph aka "9tinyfingaz". Let me know if you need anymore help with Mods?

Bantan
06/28/2006, 06:00 AM
hey, I'd be in.. orlando area.. I started a tread for a hot import nights get together...

Or we could do this. I check the calendar periodically for meets its been a while, what ever happened to the annual Daytona meet? Steve aka Transio are you up for a road trip?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/2251804oct_013.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2251804oct_013.jpg)

shoota77
06/28/2006, 06:24 AM
count me in for anything world famous. miramar is nice and close to where i'm at as well. but, either way, we should meet up...i'd love to check out your vx. still haven't seen another one down here.

9tinyfingaz
06/28/2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks bantan. I just finished getting the tints put on. 6% all away around. They didnt want to do it b/c the passenger window was off. So i took it to maroone isuzu on pines and i gave one of the guys 15 bucks to temporarily fix it. I might jump into a one of the window fixes next week. But hey, i say we pick a marlins game to go meet tailgate party and watch the marlins win. Bantan bring the wings, shoota get the tickets, and we have ourselves a meet

-x-
06/28/2006, 11:47 AM
i dont care where lets do something lol i need to take a vacation day from work and fam lol ; ) ....x

Joe_Black
06/28/2006, 01:43 PM
What? I gotta start organizing meets again? :p

Bantan
06/29/2006, 05:50 AM
What? I gotta start organizing meets again? :p

Yes

Bantan
06/30/2006, 06:12 AM
count me in for anything world famous. miramar is nice and close to where i'm at as well. but, either way, we should meet up...i'd love to check out your vx. still haven't seen another one down here.

Shoota77, I think I saw your VX at a shopping Plaza in Davie on the corner of Pine Island road and 595 a few days ago.

shoota77
06/30/2006, 07:45 AM
to be completely honest with you, i have no idea where that is...but there's a good chance i could have been there. i'm still getting my bearings around here. if it had alaska plates and a slightly flat left rear tire, it was me. :p