PDA

View Full Version : Question from a New Owner.....?

Bucky7
08/13/2004, 04:22 PM
The manual says to use a "resin polish" (or something, I don't remember EXACTLY what it says) for the base of the VX, can someone please explain to me what they are talking about?

Also, any general maintenance hints/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

VXMAN
08/13/2004, 04:33 PM
Bucky7, welcome. I just just Son-of-a-Gun on mine and it works very well. It just takes two good coats to look really, really nice. But, it must be repeated about every 2-3 weeks.

Again, welcome aboard and HANG ON FOR THE RIDE

:D

Dave...

Simon Templar
08/13/2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Bucky7
The manual says to use a "resin polish" (or something, I don't remember EXACTLY what it says) for the base of the VX, can someone please explain to me what they are talking about?

"Resin" is a euphemism for "plastic". So, in effect, what they are saying is 'use a plastic polish on the plastic'.

Lots of help, those folks.

....sT

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/14/2004, 05:14 AM
"Son of a Gun" looks great as long as it doesn't get wet from dew or rain...then it streaks. I use it for car shows as long as the VX stays dry.

For a prolonged look that stands up to wetness...please try "Meguiars Back to Black" available at Autozone, Advance, etc...

Back to Black shines less than son of a Gun yet seems to restore that "Factory New" appearance!

I learned about this product from this board myself!

WyrreJ
08/14/2004, 08:24 AM
I think you mean "Mother's Back to Black" not "Meguiars."

Jolly Roger VX'er
08/15/2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
I think you mean "Mother's Back to Black" not "Meguiars."

Dope! I had "Mothers" first than...thinking it was wrong changed it to Meguiars!

"MOTHERS BACK TO BLACK"......LOL:-~

I think I got whatever Anita's got........;eekb;