PDA

View Full Version : possible supercharger option

vxgas
08/20/2004, 07:16 PM
I know that I am a newbee to this board and that I really don't post all that much. I was just wondering if it was possible to get a gm 3.8 liter supercharger to work on our 3.5. I have been noticing a lot of them on ebay going for around $100. I was also wondering what is the base block for our engine. I used to have a 3.1 liter v-6 and I know that it is the same block as the 3.4. Also is there any internal engine mods that we can do to our 3.5 to get more horsepower out of it instead of going to force induction.

Thanx VXGAS

xdfarrx
08/20/2004, 11:05 PM
Exhaust, Intake are common mods. I just got a Morgan Tec intake that I am happy with. I did an exhaust mod a couple of years ago. Tone (Forum authority) distributes Alpine Superchargers which is a desirable options for those who want to commit to it. The mods done to our vx's are pretty rudimentary, with the extreme being Tone's supercharger. Due to the vx's being such limited production mainstream aftermarket mods are not readily available. Brake updates, exhaust, intake, urethane (on sway bars) and more aestetic mods are what most do. Look in the accessories link on the home page and you'll get an idea of what some have done....good luck.

SGT.BATGUANO
08/21/2004, 01:02 PM
You'd have to create your own intake manifold to mount the s/c to.

The engine itself is a pretty hi-tech and efficient design. Internal mods might be boring it out, stroking or have some custom ground cams made.

Nitrous?

Somebody was checking on a ecm reprogrammer, but apparently it will not be custom designed for s/c'ed applications as my inquiries to that effect have gone unanswered.

Tone was offering a stall convertor and had mentioned a trans beef up.