PDA

View Full Version : P1171 Fuel System Lean During Acceleration

olsonjus
08/22/2004, 10:32 AM
Alright, well I fixed my misfire on cylinder # 2. It ended up being the interconnect better the coil on plug and the spark plug. A hole had burned through the rubber and was shorting the coil to the cylinder head.

I fixed this about 2 weeks ago, but recently I've been having a problem with low power. It had been getting progressively worse, but I haven't been able to figure out the problem. I went and had the car scanned which came up with the following:

P1171
Fuel System Lean During Acceleration

P0300
Engine Misfire Detected

P0137
HO2S Circuit Voltage Low Bank 1 Sensor 2

At this point I'm thinking I have a pluged up fuel injector or something. I can floor it and it doesn't accelerate past ~60mph. Its like it just has no power.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Justin

SGT.BATGUANO
08/22/2004, 11:49 AM
did you reset ecm after coil repair?

Hotsauce
08/22/2004, 12:04 PM
The lean codes suggest vac leak, either EGR or intake manifold I'd guess.

John C.

skunkworks
08/22/2004, 01:09 PM
An ignition misfire can cause a lean reading too, as the motor is pumping unburned oxygen through the dead cylinder.

albert
________
GT380 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GT380)

SGT.BATGUANO
08/22/2004, 09:14 PM
These codes are misleading.

02 circuit voltage low

indicates a volt problem in general or from ecm.

Lean UNDER ACCELERATION

could be vac leak or fuel starvation, i.e., fuel filter or pressure regulator

Misfire

Could be due to either one of the above conditions or could be an old stored code.

Reset the ecm if not done already.

olsonjus
08/24/2004, 03:28 PM
Well, I took it into the shop. Looks like I had a bad o2 sensor that was causing my A/F mixtures to be off during closed loop.

Justin

CSTYLES
02/10/2005, 12:46 PM
I had same problem. Lost acceleration on the highway. Started slowing even with the gas pedal floored. When I got over to the shoulder it completely stalled out.
Check engine light; retrurned P0137, P0157, and P1171.

They replaced both O2 sensors and its running real smooth now.

Tone
02/10/2005, 03:41 PM
Cool new gauge a buddy told me about - gives live readout of codes and their meaning - http://www.scangauge.com/scan.htm

LittleBeast
02/10/2005, 05:40 PM
So my check engine light has been on since I bought the car on December 2nd. When I tried to get it inspected in Houston it failed because:

Fault Codes:
P0440: Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction
P0405: Exhauast Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low

What does this mean and what should I do? I do have the PV Muffler (it was on there when I bought it). Thanks in advance, Ryan. Oh yeah I drove outside the city to Waller, TX(middle o' no where) to get it inspected and it passed even with my cracked belt that I need to replace!

Maugan_VX
02/10/2005, 06:21 PM
Tone, while I like that box, the one I have my eyes on is www.autotap.com

check it out, you have a laptop or a palm pilot and you have a code reader, and engine diagnostic tool :)

and yes its going on my carputer :)

GoIsuzu
02/15/2005, 07:58 AM
There's a TSB issued in April '00 regarding P1171.

Service Information

Condition: Some customers may complain that the engine runs rough or MIL light on. In some cases, vacuum leak noise may be heard as well. [Intermittent rough idle and/or the MIL is on with DTC P0171 (Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1), P0174 (Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2), or P1171 (Fuel Trim System Lean During Acceleration)].

Probable Cause: It was found that the inlet manifold gasket(s) were cracking due to excessive stress caused by heat expansion/contraction.

Correction: Replace old inlet manifold gasket(s) with new inlet manifold gasket(s).

Raque Thomas
02/15/2005, 08:11 AM
So my check engine light has been on since I bought the car on December 2nd. When I tried to get it inspected in Houston it failed because:

Fault Codes:
P0440: Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction
P0405: Exhauast Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low

What does this mean and what should I do? I do have the PV Muffler (it was on there when I bought it). Thanks in advance, Ryan. Oh yeah I drove outside the city to Waller, TX(middle o' no where) to get it inspected and it passed even with my cracked belt that I need to replace!

Did you buy it from an auto dealer? If so, take it back and amke them fix it - in KY it is not legal to sell a car that will not pass the emissions test. If you bought it from an individual (or the place you bought it from will not help), it may be under warranty. I think that emissions systems are covered by law up to 50,000 miles.