PDA

View Full Version : CEL 405 still doing it?

Mr. I-MAN
09/21/2004, 01:42 PM
What gives I have replaced the PVC, cleaned the carbon and crap out of the EGR Plunger Valve, cleaned the throttle body and changed the oil. I don't see or hear any vacuum leaks:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: please help!;eekr;

SPAZZ
09/21/2004, 04:33 PM
not sure why...but, maybe the
injectors need cleaned???
Manifold gaskets need replaced???
bad ECU????
EGR needs replaced????
or maybe yours will start flashing the check engine light and jerking and shaking and blowing smoke out it's pooper and then die. Then Isuzu will keep yours for a month and a half "FIXING"(so they say) it...like they did mine.

I was gonna dump the $3,000 on a super charger, but now I think I just might rip that little slant 6 out and cram a Turbo diesel in there and get the mileage to performance ratio I should be getting instead of the crappy mileage I am getting now.

any extra I spend on the whole Turbo Diesel setup vise going with the super charger will be way more practical in the long run.

good luck in finding the issue.

kpaske
09/21/2004, 06:16 PM
Has anyone actually done a Turbo Diesel swap? I'm interested in seeing how the gas mileage improves and how the performance is with a diesel engine. What would have to be modified to make the switch?

SPAZZ
09/21/2004, 07:23 PM
lets not ruin his trouble shooting post and move this somewhere else.

Tone
09/21/2004, 08:27 PM
P0405
EGR Sensor Circuit Low

Refer to the VX Workshop manual on CD (download from my site and burn to a CD named the same as the folder downloaded) - it describes tests for the code above and parts to replace in order (Inspect EGR valve and connectors for damaged pins, check for proper voltage and resistance, check for proper sensor ground wire connection and more - there are 19 steps described and the last one is to replace the PCM.

Keep us posted on your progress.

BTW, a clogged EGR / EGR tube can NOT and will NOT cause the engine to fail - it can only cause the CEL to come on and emissions to fail tests.

Oh, and to swap to a Diesel, the wiring harness, fuel system, engine mounts, exhaust, and many other components will need to be changed out - ask how Coach Reed how much had to change just for another gas engine....

Mr. I-MAN
09/22/2004, 08:16 AM
thanks guys I will try that, the funny thing is that I have workshop cd and never looked at it. I got it with my safari bar and I think it is in my old iron-mans glove box. :mbrasd: