PDA

View Full Version : concept underbonnet

thedutchguy
09/22/2004, 02:47 AM
Does anybody have a underbonnet picture of the VX concept car?
Since I also own a Lotus Elan, I was really curious how it looks!

Anita
09/22/2004, 09:22 AM
I I dont believe there was an engine in the concept. It was pushed to and fro, in and out of the garage at the los angeles meet.

omegavx
09/24/2004, 07:07 PM
Did they tow it on the mission to mars movie?

azskyrider
09/24/2004, 08:24 PM
must not have been any men there at that meet ;) I would have been curious to see every detail and at mostly all car shows they request to see the engine.:cool:

Anita
09/25/2004, 12:11 AM
As I said, the concept was a shell without engine.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/7prototype_.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/511/7proto_interior.jpg

As for the convertable VX-o2, it had the same engine as what we have. I dont remember if anyone at the meet looked in the engine bay of the convertable, but we all got to drive the baby.

The 4-door was built on a stretched Rodeo chasis. It wasnt road worthy - it creaked and cracked its way out of the garage.

omegavx
09/25/2004, 05:01 AM
Hey Anita, did they have a spare tire area in the concept or did they remove that and thats why that first pic looks different. BTW, I want those mirrors, mine look like crap!

johnnyapollo
09/25/2004, 06:41 AM
I'm not so sure that the original concept was engine-less. The early tests on it in 93 included driving and handling, so I'm sure that at leat at some point it had a motor. The test bed was supposed to have a Direct-injected supercharged 1.6 liter engine (close relative of the Lotus Elan) said to produce the power of a 2.2 liter motor. I believe they actually mounted something different in the concept to run, as the 1.6 wasn't ready to fit.

I've got a real early auto magazine around here that shows it being driven, with impressions and such. I'll try to find it (don't think there's an engine shot in there though).

-- Best, John