PDA

View Full Version : Running Wire for Amp

bmukkamala
09/26/2004, 04:37 PM
hi there
new vx owner, black with red/black. perfect for me for the upcoming michigan winter.

i am going to be replacing the factory headunit with an alpine (to take advantage of the newly released IPOD adapter).

i am also installing an amplified sub in the back.

can anyone tell me where they have gone through from the cabin into the engine bay to run an amp wire? i saw a likely target in the passenger footwell area behind the glove box but am on the lookout for an airbag control unit somewhere in there. i would like to avoid it.

thanks
bobby

kpaske
09/26/2004, 06:11 PM
There is a hole already in the driver's side of the firewall that is perfect for large power wires, up to 1/0 gauge. It should have a rubber "stopper" in there right now, which you can easily punch a hole through (or replace with a large rubber grommet).

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything like that on the passenger's side, so if you prefer to keep your power wire as short as possible, you'll need to drill through. Looking at where this hole is located on the driver's side might help you gauge an appropriate spot on the passenger's side.

Hotsauce
09/26/2004, 07:09 PM
Theres a blanking plate on drivers side firewall where the clutch master cyl could have been mounted. Removing this is perfect access. run the wire down behind the kick panel, under the door sill plate to the back.

John C.