PDA

View Full Version : SHIAT VX is in the shop...

Cyrk
09/30/2004, 12:17 PM
AGAIN!!! Arghhh

Pulled 4 codes, same as last time... I just got her back not too long ago and it was the Tranny mode switch, TP sensor and some other thing... Man this sucks hope they find out what is worng...

So weird the CE light comes on and it shifts really HARD and revs weird, then this morning the CE light still on but it runs fine??

Frustrated,
-Dave

Anita
09/30/2004, 01:34 PM
Is this a frayed wires thing?

Cyrk
09/30/2004, 02:05 PM
No clue about the frayed wires thing?? What is this you speak of?? HELP as the mechanic is sorta stumped and is going to go though a schematic of all the component's and electrical things hooked up to the Mode switch...

Anita
09/30/2004, 02:11 PM
Oh Dave.. not sure if that is what is causing the problems but some of those wiring harnesses in and around the engine bay can start rubbing on surrounding metal and cause all kinds of trouble.. sporadic or continual. My mechanic pointed out a harness in the engine bay that could affect normal idling. I think somewhere in all the threads here, I posted a pic pointing to that potential culprit. I will try to look for it.

Cyrk
09/30/2004, 02:17 PM
Cool, will pass this on to my mechainc... thanks, fingers crossed.

Jolly Roger VX'er
09/30/2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Anita
Dont know if this is your problem but I would check CLOSELY the wiring harnesses running through the engine department including the harness that runs below and behind the driver side headlight. Frayed wires grounding out can blow fuses and cause the weirdest power outs including the ones you describe. Some of us have experienced it firsthand.

Anita
09/30/2004, 02:26 PM
The one that Im referring to runs just right of.... shoot...I dont know the name of the parts of the engine. Its to the right of the engine, about halfway back. Wrapped with black tape...

But yes, several owners including me have had experiences with that particular harness as well.

If all else fails, you could call my mechanic. He has fielded questions from owners and mechanics around the country. Email me if you want his number.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/7harness_long.jpg

Cyrk
10/06/2004, 12:55 PM
Dealer just called... He checked everything (wiring harness and all) and the only thing he thinks it could be is I need a new EGR valve and gasket. They apparently share the same wiring that is causing my TP sensor code and Mode Switch codes? But he said that he is taking an educated guess, because the VX is running fine again.... arghhh

I am hating to spend 300 bucks to replace the valve that might not even solve the problem. He said I can just drive it till the EGR goes if that is even it. Anyone have any suggestions? I gave the ok to go because I need the VX back.

-Dave

Green Dragon
10/06/2004, 01:57 PM
I would be curious to know if persons experiencing intermittent electronic problems wash or clean their engines

Perhaps trapped moisture in some of the electronic connections under the hood.

Bob F