PDA

View Full Version : My Ears Are Ringing

Francesco Rizzo
10/07/2004, 12:07 PM
I just installed a aeroturbine exhaust, and ouch it's loud. It sound really good once I'm at speed and cruising, but between 15 and 50, which is like 99.999999 % of my driving the thing hauls. There is a resonator for sale to add to the exhaust which claims a decrease of at least 40% of the noise. Does anyone have an idea on this? I'm concerned as to where I would place this resonator between the muffle and the tip, the dimensions are: 4" body x 10" length, 14" overall

Joe_Black
10/07/2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah, a resonated tip makes a big difference. I'm currenty shopping for a good stainless one to augment my PV2.

transio
10/07/2004, 03:58 PM
Online resource? I'd like some nice stainless resonators for my exhaust (and wait until you see what I do with 'em !!!)

Chopper
10/07/2004, 05:21 PM
Aeros can be a bit rough without the resonators... they don't quiet, as much as modulate. The "character" of the sound is nicer, rounder, fatter... but not a lot quieter. We've aeros on the '35, and I love them. Chopper

Francesco Rizzo
10/08/2004, 07:32 AM
well, I have to try for one anyway (resonator). I had my r/m drive it down a main street, which is out of an apartment complex about 200 yards away from where I stood, of which there are buildings, trees, countless other obstructions to the noise... I heard him for a while before it finally was too far away! I'm not a big fan of NASCAR fan, sorry cause I live in Daytona too, and I kinda don't want my truck trying to impersinate one.

By the way, throttle response almost feels more sluggish with no real performance increase until I get like above 60-70. Maybe it's time to clean the intake again.

johnnyapollo
10/08/2004, 11:58 AM
Hey Franky.

I've got a resonating tip on my PV catback - it's the one that people refer to as the "wheezinator" - however the sound completely mellowed after about a month. Now my Proton purrs like a very large kitten.

Any time you make changes to the flow of air or fuel, you should do an ECU reset. Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes should do the trick - you can do this while you're cleaning the intake.

I bought the Hot Shot intake and saw little gains until I opened things up with the PV - the difference is/was remarkable all across the power band.

-- Best, John