PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Armada Wheels

VCrossfan
10/15/2004, 07:30 AM
Hello: I saw the post on the Nissan wheels will work on the V-cross (but watch the offset). My question is has anyone tried the new Armada wheels on a V-cross. Is the offset +/- or on the money. Thx.......

VCrossfan
03/06/2005, 08:14 PM
Anyone????

morgan-tec
03/06/2005, 09:07 PM
Well the Armada is the same bolt pattern with a +10mm to +35mm offset which is the same as my AXiom so i believe they will work on the VX.

Triathlete
03/06/2005, 09:18 PM
It will depend on the center bore. The VX has a larger one than most vehicles.

morgan-tec
03/06/2005, 09:31 PM
Isuzu does use the larger center bore but So does Nissan. At least i know they used to, so unless some one can measure the hub diameter on an Armada we will never know.

Joe_Black
03/06/2005, 09:35 PM
The Nissan center-bore is really snug and you should relieve the opening just a bit with a Dremel or similar. If you're experienced with such things as engine porting then a die-grinder with a carbide bit would make it a quick job, otherwise just use the drum-sander attachment for the Dremel. You only need to remove about .5mm of material around the perimeter. If you don't, you'll soon hear a clunking sound from up front which will be the wheels you thought were on tight.

I've fitted wheels from both the Armada and Frontier, but went with the Frontier wheels 'cause they were 15's.

VCrossfan
03/06/2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks Guys, And Triathlete your very correct on the center bore. I had Escalade wheels on my fullsize Chevy truck and one day I tried one on the front of the vcross, well you know the rest, it wasn't even close. GM's center bore is very small compared to Isuzu. The reason I'm looking is my 16's" need new tires, so it might be time to update to a diff 18" winter wheel/tire. Some good "new take off's" on ebay. Thx again all ! ! !

VCrossfan
03/07/2005, 10:14 PM
OK FYI...ebay has several sets of Titan/Armada wheels, I found 1 auction with just 1 wheel cheap (if it holds close to that price) . I might get 1 just to try and if it seems to work I'll get a set and have a spare wheel. Any way some spec's are as follows

Vcross Factory 16"

*16"x7"
*Offset-38
*almost a 4" bore

Titan/Armada 18"

*18"x8"
*offset-25
*3" bore

Let me know what you all think..in the mean time I'm watching auctions and will most likely get one cheap to mock up. Thx all

Joe_Black
03/08/2005, 04:45 AM
I think we've got like a 110mm bore, so that's going to be your biggest stumbling block. If you decide to go with anything smaller you need to figure in the cost of a machine shop enlarging the hole. Just a little bit you can do yourself, like the .5mm I mentioned earlier. Beyond that and you're asking for spontaneous wheel failure if the material can be removed at all.

Try and make conversation with a Titan/Armada owner and ask to trial fit one of their wheels. That's what I did. Just struck up a conversation and offered a guy $5 to let him watch me pull one of his front wheels off and try it on my VX. After it was all said and done he even declined the $5 and I knew that I liked the Frontier wheels better. Got an entire set of 4, brand new, delivered for less than $200 thanks to eBay (note the center sizes):

http://www.rallyrebels.com/Media/Photos/100904/DSC00047.JPG

Tone
04/04/2005, 06:37 AM
Stock VX wheel bore is just shy of 100mm, stock hubs measure just a fraction smaller than that and even putting the stock front wheels back on is difficult sometimes neither is 110 - measured with digital calipers last nite.

Green Dragon
04/04/2005, 07:56 AM
For what's it's worth.

We do know that the CB for the VX is 108.

Goggling gets these CB numbers since the Armada & Titan are relatively late model vehicles one would think they would not be suspect but they appear to be small too me.

Nissan Frontier & Pathfinder CB 100.1

Nissan Armada & Titan CB 78

Tone
04/04/2005, 08:52 AM
108 huh? Wonder why the stock 18" wheels only measured 100mm....

Joe_Black
04/04/2005, 09:28 AM
I can tell you for sure that the Frontier wheels are TIGHT. A couple passes with the sanding durm on the inside of the center bore and they fit fine, but the inside portion of the rim contacts the upper A-arm and needs to relieved around the perimeter about 2-3mm. Of course, if you're in a hurry the A-arm will do this for you. :p

mbeach
04/04/2005, 01:28 PM
Got an entire set of 4, brand new, delivered for less than $200 thanks to eBay (note the center sizes):

http://www.rallyrebels.com/Media/Photos/100904/DSC00047.JPG

Those look awesome!
15s eh?
Those might become my poor man's tuner wheels shortly.
Thanks for the tip!