PDA

View Full Version : "Grill Guard"

MZ-N10
10/15/2004, 11:45 AM
http://www.broadfeet.com/

kinda bored in class...not sure if it is a repost....
________
Park Royal 2 Condo Prathumnak (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

thedutchguy
10/15/2004, 01:24 PM
Man! That is UGLY!!! ;puke2;

nyc #1 ironman
10/15/2004, 01:43 PM
Looks like Hanibal Lechter....

MZ-N10
10/15/2004, 02:29 PM
i thought it was ugly too....but someone might like it...
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

kpaske
10/15/2004, 04:04 PM
OK, I'll stick my neck out on this one... I think the rear guard looks cool. I especially like the skid plate, but what would REALLY make it awesome would be if it included a tow hitch. The grill guard is OK, but I think the Lexus grill guard (the one on the left) would look better on the VX. Don't get me wrong though, with some modifications it could look really cool. Some time ago I was looking for something like that, but as of yet nobody has produced one. Also, since I'm not a big fan of chrome, I think they would look better in a black finish.

The mud flaps gotta go.

Do these products actually exist, or was that just some creative photoshop work?

Heraclid
10/15/2004, 04:28 PM
Maybe if they chopped it off at the vertical bars and didn't have those big loops under the headlights. The Lexus one on the left is pretty much a Westin Safari bar like Tone sells. I like it with the plate on the bottom, which reminds me a little of a bar available for the Nissan Frontier that I think would be very nice on a VX. There are a couple of Frontier bars that would be nice, actually, but not sure about the fit.... have a look...

http://www.shamsulauto.com/nissan.htm

I remember that Stinkyfab had done a little work in this regard - anything further on that yet?

deermagnet
10/15/2004, 04:53 PM
There's something funny going on here. First of all, "Broadfeet", are you kidding me? None of the links work on the site. It says "new body style", as opposed to the old VX body style? It reminds me of this product which never existed for a VX...VX 4X4 Wire Thread (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB68&Number=360238&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=360159&Search=true&where=&Name=11901&daterange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post360238).

Their Ebay store (http://stores.ebay.com/DCW-Performance) (listed as DCW Performance) only has a few items. None for a VX or a Lexus.

Their website says:
Welcome to Broadfeet Motorsport Equipment!
Broadfeet is a manufacturer of Premium Quality of Motorsport Equipment and Truck Accessories.
At this site you'll be able to select from a wide variety of styles, see on-vehicle photos, check out the easy installation instructions, and find a store near you! Businesses should check out our B2B pages to get the latest application updates, new vehicle bulletins, and technical product information, and more!

The Westin Automotive (http://www.westinautomotive.com/) site says:
Welcome to Westin!
Westin is a manufacturer of Premium Quality Truck Accessories.
At this site you'll be able to select from a wide variety of styles, see on-vehicle photos, check out the easy installation instructions, and find a store near you! Businesses should check out our B2B pages to get the latest application updates, new vehicle bulletins, and technical product information, and more!

Broadfeet "About us":
Broadfeet Motorsport Equipment LLC is a manufacturer of premium quality truck accessories. We sell directly to reputable warehouse distributors and chain retailers, who in turn provide the best service to consumers, offering the widest selection of inventory and quick delivery. Please see our contact us page to see how you can order our products

The Products
Broadfeet products are made with a pretty simple philosophy--make them right, and make them last. Then, offer them at a competitive price and back them with a superior warranty. We want to go the extra mile to be the best.

So, whether you drive on the snowy roads of Canada, the twisting roads of the high Sierras, the sweltering roads of the southern states or 4x4 without a road, Broadfeet's products will help protect your rig and will look great doing it...for a long, long time.

Westin "About us":
Westin Automotive Products, Incorporated is a manufacturer of premium quality truck accessories. We sell directly to reputable warehouse distributors and chain retailers, who in turn provide the best service to consumers, offering the widest selection of inventory and quick delivery. Please see our contact us page to see how you can order our products.

The Products
Westin products are made with a pretty simple philosophy--make them right, and make them last. Then, offer them at a competitive price and back them with a superior warranty. This straightforward business philosophy has made Westin the most widely chosen brand of tubular products across the country.

So, whether you drive on the snowy roads of Canada, the twisting roads of the high Sierras, the sweltering roads of the southern states or 4x4 without a road, Westin products will help protect your rig and will look great doing it...for a long, long time.

All I'm saying is something is not right here and I doubt that product exists for a VX.

Mark Griffin

kpaske
10/16/2004, 07:11 AM
Maybe he's planning a hostile takeover of Westin. ;pb;

johnnyapollo
10/16/2004, 10:13 AM
It's common practice for "copycat" business to take the marketing available on their competitors websites and regurgitate it as their own (chaning a few key words). Nothing really fishy here - if he didn't have the product he wouldn't have an image of it mounted on a VX. That aside, the company could be legit or not - you don't know until you call them up and make some inquiries or purchase something.

-- John

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/17/2004, 12:59 AM
I like the one on the right (full-face grille-guard) for the Lexus RX300.

He evidently has access to a VX for fitment to design the guard he is advertising. Perhaps if enough interest is generated, he would look into fitment of the two guards for the RX300 onto the VX. It might only take adapter brackets to make them work!

IF....he is on the UP & UP!

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/17/2004, 06:37 PM
Me likey!

Can you say "Jurassic Park"! Bring on the Deer & Dino's :-~

MZ-N10
10/17/2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
Me likey!

Can you say "Jurassic Park"! Bring on the Deer & Dino's :-~

i duno...i kinda like tat look
________
EASY VAPE PORTABLE (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

thedutchguy
10/18/2004, 06:19 AM
pedestrian lovers?

read this:

A 1998 study by Australia's University of Adelaide found that the damage to a child's head when struck by a vehicle equipped with a small-diameter steel bull bar was 10 to 15 times worse than damage inflicted by a vehicle without one. "In practical terms, a pedestrian hit by a vehicle equipped with a steel bull bar will be seriously hurt or killed at speeds much lower than those that are usually fatal," said Jack McLean, one of the study's authors.

"The bull bar concentrates and magnifies the force of the collision in a tiny area," British Member of Parliament Paul Flynn explained. "It's like a stiletto heel. They turn trivial accidents into serious ones, and serious accidents into fatal ones."

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

johnnyapollo
10/18/2004, 06:23 AM
Well - that ponders the question about what a pedestrian is doing on the road?

-- John

thedutchguy
10/18/2004, 09:59 AM
He / she could be trying to cross it.;Dy;

PeteVX
10/18/2004, 10:18 AM
I kinda remember something about this in England before i left, i think they were trying to ban steel bull bars because of the pedestrian injury thing (also not many bulls, kangaroos or whatever else necessitating bull bars in the UK) I guess there are also more pedestrian injuries there being more densly polulated. I've noticed that Range Rovers sold here now come with a kind of plastic coated foam rubber bull bars as standard which actually looks pretty good and is ped friendly.

Personally i think pedestrians should be run over, anyone remember that old James Caan movie Death Race 2000? How many points was it for a wheelchairbound old lady???

:)

thedutchguy
10/18/2004, 10:48 AM
James Caan ? I thought it was David Caradine!;Dy;

PeteVX
10/18/2004, 11:05 AM
yep, you right it was david caradine, so what was the movie james caan was in about the same time..mmmmmmm

this was quite a few years ago now...

johnnyapollo
10/18/2004, 12:10 PM
Rollerball baby!

-- John

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/18/2004, 06:38 PM
I was always taught that "jay-walkers" are legal!

:D

Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
I like the one on the right (full-face grille-guard) for the Lexus RX300.

He evidently has access to a VX for fitment to design the guard he is advertising. Perhaps if enough interest is generated, he would look into fitment of the two guards for the RX300 onto the VX. It might only take adapter brackets to make them work!

IF....he is on the UP & UP!

I emailed him and this was 'exactly' his response:

Thanks for your info.

This is the sample we took from our model is Asia. We just send in a large shipment into US mainly with new model like mercedes, Lexus and Toyota. We didn;t bring the Vehicross mainly there is not many buyers will request this.

We can certainly redesign and change the design and color as well with at least some minimum orders.

Please let me know what do you think and our website is under developing and you should see all the products lines soon. Thanks

Daven

kpaske
10/18/2004, 08:46 PM
Jolly Roger -

Your "dream" grill guard is bad-***! Very aggressive styling. You should get that one marketed.

Anita
10/18/2004, 10:07 PM
Dallas of Stinkyfab will complete his design brush bar for the VX. Dont know his timeline, but the project is still on.

PeteVX
10/19/2004, 05:51 AM
I'd be interested in a grill guard once the right design comes up, so far nothing i'm quite in love with, i like bits from one and bits from another.

Thanks for the Rollerball thing Johnny!! I remember being at school at the time and Rollerball and Death Race 2000 were the two coolest films we never got to see because of the certification which made them even cooler.

When i finally got round to viewing them many years later they weren't quite as cool, still gotta love earning points for running people over though!!

Part of me thinks that is a little irresponsible, the rest of me is gonna rent a couple of movies this weekend!!

Pete

SlowPro48
10/19/2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by MZ-N10
http://www.broadfeet.com/

kinda bored in class...not sure if it is a repost....

Admit it - you were groovin' on those yellow mudflaps...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1123vx_mf.jpg

PeteVX
10/19/2004, 01:28 PM
some people just dont know when to stop, mudflap overkill!

say.... anyone think that rear bumper/grill guard thing would look good on the front??

Hanalei
10/19/2004, 01:55 PM
I would imagine anyone would get seriously hurt or killed by getting hit with a 3985 lb. vehicle, regardless of what's on the front of it.

kpaske
10/19/2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by PeteVX
anyone think that rear bumper/grill guard thing would look good on the front??

Uhh, that would make our VX look like it's got a "dirty sanchez".

SlowPro48
10/19/2004, 08:13 PM
Don't even go there, Uncle Pervie....

Bantan
10/19/2004, 11:11 PM
anyone think that rear bumper/grill guard thing would look good on the front??

I think it will look good, as a matter of fact, Jaos sells one just like that for the Rav4's Front end. I inquired about getting one and maybe having Tone wip up some brackets to suit, but for $750 for the Jaos "Front skid Bar", was not worth it.
http://www.autoseattle.com/images/new_rav_fsb.jpg

PeteVX
10/20/2004, 06:25 AM
who or what is dirty sanchez?

.....or am i better of not knowing...

SlowPro48
10/20/2004, 07:00 AM
who or what is dirty sanchez?

.....or am i better of not knowing...

It's a what but that's all I'm going to say. I'd never heard of it either but curiosity got the better of me and I Googled it. Believe me - you're better off not knowing...

Tyler
10/20/2004, 07:35 AM
The "dream" grill looks cool. One problem.....how are you going to open the hood?

kpaske
10/20/2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by kpaske
Uhh, that would make our VX look like it's got a "dirty sanchez".

Wow, did I say that out loud?

SlowPro48
10/21/2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by kpaske
Wow, did I say that out loud?

Appears so, but don't fret - we've all had those Freudian slips. I suspect yours was elicited by a previous post that mentioned "Stinkyfab"

SGT.BATGUANO
10/22/2004, 12:45 AM
Looks like the rear bumper is a clone of the jaos front bar.

If this site ever develops into something real, a group buy of front and rear (hitch mounted) jaos-clone bumpers might be in order.

Nazrat
10/22/2004, 05:40 AM
Sigh. Someone backed into my Vehicross this week. If I hadn't had the nudge bar (Thanks Dallas!) he would have done some real damage. As it is he broke two Hellas and bent the mounts and light tabs for the nudge bar.

-Tad

Dallas4u
10/22/2004, 08:22 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

Was the only damage done to the bar and fogs? No damage to the VX exterior itself?

Luckily, the bar can be purchased seperate from the mounting brackets as the brackets are custom made for the VX (purchased from Tone). I believe the Westin Safari Bar is for the Rodeo, minus bracket kit, comes to around $100 (http://www.gogrilleguards.com/search_result.asp?vYear=1998&vMake=ISUZU&vModel=RODEO&Category=Light+Bar&Description=Light+Bar&Manufacturer=Westin).

Sorry to hear about this... glad the bar helped keep it from injury!

Nazrat
10/22/2004, 08:49 AM
Yea, there might be a slight mar on the cladding, but otherwise it is ok. The nudge bar is quite loose now, so I need to take it off and see what really bend under there. I'm tempted to buy some DOM and bend it to match the westin bar, then have it welded to the front, or at least build some hefty mounts. My buddy just has a manual bender, so I'm not excited to bend those kind of curves.

$100 for the bar (powdercoating is flaking off at the bend), $70 for some Hellas, and some time.

The dickhead didn't even leave a note.

-Tad

Hanalei
10/22/2004, 09:37 AM
Looks like a VX with big braces.

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/22/2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Tyler
The "dream" grill looks cool. One problem.....how are you going to open the hood?

Someone addressed this earlier when we tried to set up a group buy for this a while ago. I'll have to dig up the old posts.

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/003754.html

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/003728.html