PDA

View Full Version : Gojira!

Joe_Black
10/17/2004, 07:16 PM
Oh my, Godzilla as serious academic study... Godzilla Conference (http://www.g2004.net/godzilla/)

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/18/2004, 04:32 PM
I read this today in the local paper (also in USA TODAY I think?).

"Bob & Tom" radio show has a running gag where they receive a phone call from Japan about some guest on their radio show and somewhere down the line "Godzilla" gets mentioned and the *****t hits the fan with background noises of alarms going off and people running for their life, screaming as the result of a "false Godzilla alarm"...lol.

One of the last skits aired had comedian Frank Caliendo imitating Raymond Burr as Perry Mason questioning Godzilla on trial:

"Isn't True that you Breathe Fire...<heavy breathing>... and Isn't it also True that you Trampled over millions of innocent people...<gasping for air>...and caused millions of dollars Property Damage..< cough, cough running out of breath>.....LOL

Then the phone rings, where upon a caller with a Japanese accent asks about comedian Frank Caliendo...Bob & Tom tell the caller about his Raymond Burr imitation....Caller says "Re rike RRRaymond BuRRR.... IRRRRON-SSSide." Then Bob & Tom mention that perhaps they know of his early work in a famous Japanese Movie....They reply "Not familiar with eRRRie(early) RRRaymond BuRRR". Then Bob & Tom mention the movie "Godzilla" and there go the alarm bells with the caller exclaiming "Godzillra........OH NO!!!!!!!!" lol.

johnnyapollo
10/18/2004, 07:46 PM
You realize that Raymond Burr is only on the English version of the film and not the Japanese version? Also, there's a newer remastered release going around that's a sub-titled Japanese version.

-- John