PDA

View Full Version : RearRotors?DURALAST vs VALUCRAFT

drdavidr4u
10/22/2004, 11:43 AM
Home > Shopping > Brakes & Traction Control
Search Results: BRAKE ROTOR - REAR
Â_
Click "Buy Online" beside the item you'd like to purchase from AutoZone.com.

Click "Add to Store List" beside the item you'd like to add to a shopping list that can be sent to and paid for at your preferred AutoZone store.
I need to do my rear brakes....rotors need turning...better to replace them all together or just cut them? Those Auto zone Valuecraft rotors are cheap enough to just replace them....?

Anyone know if there is a huge diff between autozones

DURALAST Rear ROTOR ONLY 31084 0 MO Â_ $69.99
vs
VALUCRAFT rear ROTOR ONLY 31084B 3 MO Â_ $22.99

And also the rear pads

DURALAST-GOLD DG580 LLT Â_ $27.99
DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM DURABILITY AND STOPPING POWER.
vs
VALUCRAFT D580V 1 YR Â_ $9.99
SMOOTH, QUIET STOPPING.

Tone
10/22/2004, 11:54 AM
Wow, $10 for rotors! Dealarama! Back brakes do so little of the stopping it is relatively insignificant which one you go with.

drdavidr4u
10/22/2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks Tone!

Its strange how my rears look so beat up while the fronts are not at only 19,000 miles!!!

Are the rotors easy to change out ? any special tools needed?

Tone
10/22/2004, 08:14 PM
Never done rears but should be easier than the fronts. The only thing I'm not sure of is how the parking brake figures into the equation - maybe someone here can chime in or check the Workshop Manual that can be downloaded from my web site.

SGT.BATGUANO
10/23/2004, 12:32 AM
Tone,

Didn't you install some diamond slot rotors and braided lines all around?

Maybe I'm mistaken?

Tone
10/23/2004, 06:06 AM
Lines all around made the biggest difference but I did pu powerslots on the front which are better than the stock ones.

Hotsauce
10/23/2004, 07:32 AM
The parking brake is drum shoes inside the rear rotor hat. Parking brake needs to be released tp remove rear rotors.

John C.

driver3
10/24/2004, 06:25 AM
I did the rear rotors, they are very easy. You do need an M-6 metric bolt though or you'll never get it off. There's a small threaded hole in the drum of the rotor that you screw this little bolt into that pops the rotor right off, very very easy when you do that. It seemed like all the pounding in the world wasn't getting it done till I figued out what that little threaded hole was...

When I did my rears I found the axle leak and then had the dealer fix that under warranty, other than that the rear drum emergency brake was not an issue for me just replacing the pads and rotors. Yes, you would have to have the emergency brake off to take off the rotor, I was able to use a lift at the shop when I did mine so I never had it set anyway.

Good Luck