PDA

View Full Version : light switch problems

dutchie
10/27/2004, 07:41 AM
When I drive at night and I hit a rough spot in the road, my light switches to highbeam...:confused:
This is the second time I had this problem, they changed the light switch the first time, thinking that would solve the problem....but unfortunately it happend again.
When it switches to high beam, I often can't get it back into low beam...but just hangs between... not high, not low, but the indicator on dash, indicates that high is still switched on.:mad:

Anybody has an idea, and could it be connected to my mysterious playing cd player, even after I turned of the engine and took the key out of the ignition?

Help;eeko;

dutchie
10/27/2004, 04:50 PM
Mmm wrong board to ask I see...anybody knows the url for "excorcists worldwide":mad:

Tone
10/27/2004, 07:04 PM
What is plugged into the cigarette lighter? An item like a cell phone could be feeding voltage back into the system - has happened before.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm? My DEI (and others) allowed me to keep the AC blower and radio playing after I shut off the vehicle until I opened the door.

The headlight problem sounds like the switch again....:(

dutchie
10/27/2004, 07:38 PM
Thanks Tone, yeah I've got a telephone charger connected...:mad:
What are the changes though to have a broken light switch twice within one year....? Bad luck I guess, and it seems I'm the only one on this board;eekb; ;eekg; ;eeko; ;eekr; ;eekr;

thedutchguy
10/28/2004, 05:36 AM
could also be a loose connection in the relay.(happened to me once)