PDA

View Full Version : Tranny fluid change

curiosdv
11/07/2004, 02:50 AM
Please help! Where is the mystery transmission filler plug located?!? Several people refer to it in their posts, but no description as to location. :confused: A pic would be great ... but I will take any assistance I can.

David

coolk41
11/07/2004, 06:15 AM
The drain plug is on the bottom. The filler plug is on the side towards the top. New fluid has to be put in against gravity. Usually with a pump.

Joe_Black
11/07/2004, 07:03 AM
I'm doing two Isuzu trannies (VX & Trooper) today and will have photos up in my site tonight. I'll post the info in this link and the other thread as well.

curiosdv
11/07/2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks Cool, but I will have to wait for the photo from Joe_Black. I see what appears to be two drain plugs. One in the bottom of the pan, and a second on the corner about 21/2 inches higher yet still facing down. Pumping into that I could probably only get 3-4 qts into it. On the side I see the two lines running into the side and that rubber plug held in by a c-clip. I know it will probably help to download Tone's CD manual. I need a more definitive description, ie which side of tranny.
David

psychos2
11/07/2004, 07:14 PM
both plugs are on the pan. lower one drains ,the higher one fills. you cannot change all the tranny fluid by draining it. shawn

Joe_Black
11/08/2004, 10:39 PM
Okay, I'm a day late. :mbrasd: Still can't figure frames out! Bleh! In any case, I've got one method of changing tranny fluid up. The "poor man's flush" didn't yield the results I had hoped for on the two trannies I did, but still got about 70% of the fluid out. I'll be doing updated article on this technique as well as other ideas.

So check the site out and let me know what y'all think: Joe Black's VehiCROSS Site (http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/VX/)

curiosdv
11/09/2004, 08:59 PM
Psychos - Thanks.

Joe - Thanks alot. The photos and detail are great. I know how I will be spending my Friday night! I look forward to seeing some of the other projects.