PDA

View Full Version : Sun Visor Modification

Kahuna
11/12/2004, 02:53 PM
So much went into the design of the VX....so, why....did they put in such a CHEAPO Sun Visor?

Has anybody replaced thier's with anything? If so,...what visor did you use?

Any other Isuzu's visors that will fit our VX?

Chopper
11/13/2004, 12:37 PM
I'm sure an upholstery or interior shop will be able to thrill you to the level you are ready to finance. Wayne

Jonnie
01/27/2005, 05:15 PM
The Rodeo visors are slightly longer grrrrr. So, anyone know?

Jon

WormGod
01/28/2005, 08:24 AM
On a side, but related note, has anyone ever thought about an exterior sunvisor? I had one on my Rodeo and my Amigo and they were pretty cool. Sorta on the "redneck" side, so some would say, but I liked the added look they gave my vehicles. I know Lund is really big into these but of course, they offer zilch when it comes to the VX. Wonder if anyone would ever be brave enough to fab one for the VX.

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/LundFiberGlass01.asp

Kahuna
01/28/2005, 09:15 AM
As for an EXTERIOR Visor. If you look at my gallery I think you can see that I have a window strip. I followed and old off-roaders advise and had a tinter, tint the windshield with a horizon line. Which basically means when I sat in the VX, they measured where my eyesight's horizon line was. Marked the window and tinted all the way down to that horizon line. For some it might be distracting but for me I LOVE IT. I never have a glare!

But I still want to know if anybody has changed the sun visors.

Ldub
01/28/2005, 02:47 PM
This may sound a bit like "redneck" engineering,but I have one of those visor organizer things that I keep ins.& registration,etc. in.I cut a peice of plastic from a notebook folder into a rectangular shape & slid it between the visor & the organizer.Now when the sun is off my left/rear I just slide this "visor extension" out a few inches...glare no more. :cool:It may not be Carbon Fiber Cool,but it works.