PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry failure

enaut
11/29/2004, 03:28 PM
I need help troubleshooting the keyless entry system on my 1999 VeHi Cross. It quit working and changing the battery in the romote did not fix the problem. I ordered instructions for resetting the alarm to the remote however when I tried it I got no response from the contorller in the car. The power door locks work with the key....no problem. Does anybody know if there is a fuse specific to the keyless entry system..and where it may be. Any replacements for the receiver module under the dash ?

Thanks

Francesco Rizzo
11/29/2004, 10:03 PM
bumping this up to the top again.. I have problems with mine too. The keys working in the door are indifferent to the alarm, there is some sort of relay or something under the kick panel on the driver's side. It's about the shape/size of a D size bat. and is rapped in foam. I think it controls locks in regards to switch and key locks and that's it. I had some serious wire corrosion from water damage and had to solder a few wires together. My alarm has yet to work since buying the truck, but after bypassing this plastic clip/connection piece by soldering like color wires, things started working right that were messed up. My alarm actually responds now, I think I programmed a garage door opener since it chirped 3 times. I got rid of my keyless because they never worked, but I'm in the market since I did my repairs. also, I would hope someone with some knowledge of the system will post some info please.

SlowPro48
11/30/2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Francesco Rizzo
I got rid of my keyless because they never worked, but I'm in the market since I did my repairs.

I've got one I'll sell you. Lost my extra so bought one off eBay, then the day it arrived - you know it - I found my extra. Don't need three of these things! Let me know if you're interested.

climbcovey
05/01/2006, 07:59 PM
indiana, join me in chat!