PDA

View Full Version : New mods installed

Raque Thomas
11/29/2004, 07:15 PM
Check my gallery for a picture of my new overhead console with homelink, digital voice recorder, and sunglass holder. It also has two switches that were for power windows - haven't decided what to do with those yet :(

Also, you can kind of see the new auto dimming rearview mirror with built in compass and outside temp display. It also has On-Star, which obviously is NOT hooked up. Sorry for the crappy pictures - I can't get them to come out clear for some reason - they are very clear on my computer, but something is happenning in translation :wtfp:

Also there is a picture of the new Rodeo rear headrests that I recently installed. What a difference those made in the rear visibility! You wouldn't think being able to see over in those corners would make much of a difference - but it does. Those combined with the "Van-eyes" I put in a while back ALMOST make me think I have a verhicle with a rear window!

I almost forgot - the best part of these mods was the cost - under $75 for all of it!! (and a lot of work!)

angrylittleman
11/29/2004, 07:56 PM
How difficult are the indiglo gauge faces to install? I think those look much better than stock.

Raque Thomas
11/29/2004, 08:02 PM
Easy installation - about 1 hour to install. The toughest part is getting the dash face off - then you just unscrew the four screws holding the instrument cluster in, pull off the face plate, slide the new faces on (no need to remove needles or old plates - these slide over the needles and into place), wire it into the dash lights, and put it all back together.

Rooster
11/29/2004, 08:31 PM
Where did you get the glow guages? I've been looking all over for them.

Unless, their the same as a Rodeo....

Rooster
11/29/2004, 08:31 PM
never mind the double post...

Nothing to see here, move along...

XCross69
11/30/2004, 05:41 AM
Very nice job!! Love the overhead console!

I give up posting pics on here because of them turning out just like yours did. Not sure what the problem is!

SPAZZ
11/30/2004, 08:50 AM
usually when I post pics to this site they are fine on my half, but when I post them they look distorted, but when I click on them twice they come out clear.

Raque Thomas
12/01/2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Rooster
Where did you get the glow guages? I've been looking all over for them.

Unless, their the same as a Rodeo....

PM me - they are NOT Rodeo gauges. There are pitfalls!!