PDA

View Full Version : Bantan's New Mod - Y or N

Joe_Black
12/05/2004, 06:56 PM
Well, Mad Man Mercer went off the deep end recently and is vying for a Formula 1 slot with his radical Ebony. Check out the pics and share what you think of this ground-hugging piece of "progress"...
http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/vx/images/Meet120404/DSC00007.JPG
http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/vx/images/Meet120404/DSC00027.JPG
http://www.antiquecaterpillar.org/vx/images/Meet120404/DSC00010.JPG

morgan-tec
12/05/2004, 07:45 PM
Sorry but i am not a fan, just looks way to out of place. I like the street look on the X but forget the air splitter.

Capri
12/05/2004, 09:28 PM
love it!!

XCross69
12/06/2004, 05:34 AM
Its a hot ride..but that thing doesn't do ANYTHING for it!

Dislike

Reg Hinnant
12/06/2004, 06:04 AM
Winter's coming......snow scooper? :rolleyes:

VXMAN
12/06/2004, 06:04 AM
Well, I have to say, it's hard to tell. I need more pictures of the full side profile. But, I think the biggest problem is what's between the spoiler and the cladding. That area looks out-of-place? But I'm leaning towards to side of remove it!

I would be interested in seeing this on a VX with the hood scoop. Maybe that would look cooler?

It's nice to see new ideas though. Keep it ideas flowing.

:D

Dave...

VX crazy
12/06/2004, 06:26 AM
Please, NO!!!!

Cyrk
12/06/2004, 06:44 AM
Looks nice from the front, kinda tacked on from the sides... Not too bad, if you can mold it into the bumper so it was more seamless it would look better... Nice work anyway!

-Dave

kobie
12/06/2004, 07:43 AM
I agree with VXMan- What's between the spoiler and the cladding is the only thing that doesn't do it for me. The spoiler seems to made the VX look that much more exotic. Overall, I like it!

transio
12/06/2004, 08:14 AM
I've always thought the VX bumper needed to be swept forward at the bottom. I agree w/ Cyrk, though, it needs to be molded in, or maybe molded is a new one-piece front cladding piece? Anyhow, good experimental work. It's a step in a good direction, I think.

SlowPro48
12/06/2004, 08:33 AM
what is the purpose of this doodad? there's too much flow-blocking stuff behind it for there to be any real wing effect and it's way too high to be an air dam.

it doesn't look like it would create any downforce whatsoever...

Francesco Rizzo
12/06/2004, 08:33 AM
it does a good job with the overall profile of the truck, although if you stick your nose in it, you might not think that it blend's... but most people watching you roll by will get a great effect. Expect to see a few people try to repoduce it.. just not me.. $$

-x-
12/06/2004, 08:42 AM
.....i for one pleade tha fifth, but will admit that tha vx looked sexy as hell and dangerous pull up behind me from the side mirrors ;Db; ....x

SPAZZ
12/06/2004, 08:45 AM
and just WHY is this thread even in existence.????:confused: :confused:

it is his and it is his choice. This whole poll and thread should be deleted

Panther_Black_VX
12/06/2004, 09:09 AM
Done as only Mercer can! ;Dp; You must admit, he is never afraid to push the envelope!

Joe_Black
12/06/2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
and just WHY is this thread even in existence.????:confused: :confused:

it is his and it is his choice. This whole poll and thread should be deleted

That's right, it is his choice and he's in on it as the poll was talked about at the Orlando meet. We all thought it would be a fun way to share what Bantan has been doing with his VX. ;pg; So relax and enjoy some friendly discussion!

BaM*BaM
12/06/2004, 09:13 AM
'

http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/mouse%20frightrun.gif

transio
12/06/2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
and just WHY is this thread even in existence.???? it is his and it is his choice. This whole poll and thread should be deleted The First Amendment allows freedom of expression, yes. That allows him to do whatever he wants to his VX to express his individuality, as long as it complies with laws (e.g. no blue / red lights, etc). In answer to your question, the First Amendment also allows freedom of speech That allows us to discuss whatever we want so long as it's not slanderous in nature. So as long as you don't libel him (e.g. "you're smoking crack") or threaten him (e.g. "i'm gonna tear that thing off your car and beat you with it"), you can say whatever you want about his spoiler thingy (e.g. "that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen").

Personally, I like it as a step forward in aero-mods, and I also think this thread has value in that it allows us to see and discuss things that members are doing with their VX. That is the purpose of this forum, after all.

BaM*BaM
12/06/2004, 10:54 AM
transio,
You're smoking crack again. ;Db;

OOOPS.... I just saw VXMAN's post VXMAN's Post (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=50281#post50281)

VXMAN is the one smoking crack!!! He's selling his VX. http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/smokin%20Injun.JPG

Mr. I-MAN
12/06/2004, 11:58 AM
One acronym for it W.T.F.!:confused:

AlaskaVX
12/06/2004, 12:00 PM
Well it looks as if it channels the air right into the plastic skid plate part which does absolutely nothing for performance. At first I thought maybe it would cool it down a bit more. But I am going to have say that it is the only VX I would consider to be RICE!

VXMAN
12/06/2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BaM*BaM OOOPS.... I just saw VXMAN's post VXMAN's Post (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=50281#post50281)

VXMAN is the one smoking crack!!! He's selling his VX. http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/smokin%20Injun.JPG [/B]

Hey, I smoke Cigar's, not a pipe!
But, as they say, nothing is set in stone ;Db;

Dave...

Maugan_VX
12/06/2004, 02:08 PM
man its KILLING his approach angle :D

[no]

Heraclid
12/06/2004, 03:48 PM
It's not for me, but it's not my VX either. It's still one of the nicer ebonys I've seen.

Navigator
12/07/2004, 04:31 AM
... The cattle catcher is a bit over the top IMO, but otherwise it's hot :yes:

WormGod
12/07/2004, 08:08 AM
Well, since you asked for opinions....

Not a fan of it. Too ricer for me, but hey, it's your ride bro. Too many useless trinkets make a car look like an over decorated christmas tree.

Maverick
12/07/2004, 09:19 AM
Diamond Plate it!!! ;Dy;

Actually, i think its kind of neat..adds to the 'WTF??" factor of an already unique vehicle.. think of what you can tell people!! "yep, its a protype electromagnet . i turn it on when im behind a semi truck and i get 92 miles per gallon" or " oh no, its not a wing, its designed to capture positive ions and run the electric power plant..."
the possibilities are endless..its got to be fun!!

BaM*BaM
12/07/2004, 09:28 AM
This mod does seem very unworthy for a real life, backcountry 4x4. And my bias will always favor that view of the VX. ( heck, when I go to town, I drive more miles on single lane mountain dirt road than I ever do on paved roads. ( 5 miles of dirt, mud, or snow, compared to 3.5 miles paved, with a great ski resort at the end!).

http://www.users.qwest.net/~pempem/skier.good.gif

(and we got over 3 feet of snow last night!)

I would suggest that we use a different word other than 'ricer', to describe our negative opinions on something. "Ricer" suggests a superiority of American perception, that has become somewhat laughable when used by a group of people (me included) who are dedicated to a Japanese designed and built vehicle,... A vehicle that this same "superior American perception," would have NEVER put into production.

AlaskaVX
12/07/2004, 12:12 PM
Ricer is not a term to clown on imports, a ricer is a term to say "It is all show and no go"

Cars such as the Chevrolet Cavalier, and the Ford Focus, are also largely popular cars to be "riced" out.

Ldub
12/07/2004, 12:19 PM
So then maybe...popcorner? or...P-nutter or...soy bomb or...
tater mobile or isn't wild rice indigenous?:D ;Dy; :D

BaM*BaM
12/07/2004, 12:55 PM
How about, "PERFECT PALPABLE PILE OF POSER RHINOPLASTY PUTTY"
or a

"JAGGED JUNKPILE OF JOCULARITY"

Anita
12/07/2004, 01:32 PM
something about "soy bomb" I really like...:rotate:

Dallas4u
12/07/2004, 01:41 PM
I'm a little, ahem, lactose intolerant, and usually supplement with soy... the wife doesn't really enjoy the "soy bombs". ;)

Ldub
12/07/2004, 02:32 PM
I think we've gotten a little O.T. here & I apolagize to whomever needs one, but...Dallas, good one!, made me laugh out loud. Anita, do you rember Soy Bomb from the Grammys I think, came running onstage while Dylan (Bob) was playing?

LOL, Ldub

transio
12/07/2004, 02:40 PM
Back on subject.....

What is that little wing for in the rear? All of you outspoken anti-ricers should rip it off since it's obviously useless due to the fact that any significant downforce produced by it would probably tear it off the car. You wouldn't want people making fun of you for having such a useless device on your VX, would you?.

PS - anyone here have any idea how much lift the VX produces at speed? I suggest that anyone who's laughing at Mercer's mod check how planted his VX will feel at speed once he's done fine-tuning it. The front of the VX is right now like a boat - designed to float. If you're gonna have yours at high speed often, this wouldn't be a useless mod at all.

SlowPro48
12/07/2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by transio
Back on subject.....

What is that little wing for in the rear? All of you outspoken anti-ricers should rip it off since it's obviously useless due to the fact that any significant downforce produced by it would probably tear it off the car. You wouldn't want people making fun of you for having such a useless device on your VX, would you?.

It's not useless! It creates a negative pressure zone behind it, thereby reducing the amount of rain running down the back window.

;Dy;

Bantan
12/08/2004, 10:21 AM
This is better than watching the Presidential election;Dp;
Happy Voting!

Joe_Black
12/08/2004, 11:47 AM
I just want to add that when I included "ricer" in the poll it wan't as a negative. "Ricer" has become the de facto term for the hopped-up import and sits right in amongst "hot rod", "mudder", "low rider" and other terms that have come to define a certain automotive segment. So don't anyone get bent out of shape, unless you're taking a break from hugging your favorite tree and have found a new cause to latch onto. I've been on the receiving end of "ricer" in the cycle world since my first Kawasaki in '83 and couldn't be more proud. ;pg;

BaM*BaM
12/08/2004, 12:38 PM
I am not sure if many people from the South, including many of our own Southern white colored VX brothers, are even capable of understanding racial slurs, when they make them. The level of claimed 'ignorance' to this negative term "ricer", is either truly amazing, or completely dishonest.

The term "Ricer," is a derogatory slur on the people of this world who make use of "rice" as the main part of their daily diet.
It carries the same damning negative racial cut to orientals, as the term of "nigger" carries for black people. (another term, that I am sure that many of our VX white colored Southern brothers here, are equally VERY familiar with.)

Joe_Black
12/08/2004, 01:02 PM
Sorry, "ignorant" on all counts. Never seen a white person nor a black person. And the only "race" on this planet I'm familiar with is called human.

Then again, I've heard some believe the Civil War was about slavery. Guess we don't have the ignorance and gullibility market cornered as some may think. ;Do;

We now return you to our regularly scheduled discourse on VX modifications...

Panther_Black_VX
12/08/2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BaM*BaM
I am not sure if many people from the South, including many of our own Southern white colored VX brothers, are even capable of understanding racial slurs, when they make them. The level of claimed 'ignorance' to this negative term "ricer", is either truly amazing, or completely dishonest.

The term "Ricer," is a derogatory slur on the people of this world who make use of "rice" as the main part of their daily diet.
It is carries the same damning negative racial cut to orientals, as the term of "nigger" carries for black people. (another term, that I am sure that many of our VX white colored Southern brothers here, are equally VERY familiar with.)

I have never heard of this. I am not from the south, but lived in Atlanta for 3 years and still own a home in Alpharetta. I have never heard of this term. I wasn't sure what it meant, so I didn't vote at all.

Being an half African (Nigerian to be exact) and half African-American and being a little older, I felt I was well versed in all types of racial slurs. I was not only the first African-American child to attend my first elementary school in Northboro Mass (in the early 70s), I was one of only 40 students of color in a student body of 1100 at Phillips Exeter Academy, a NH prep school in the 80s. Long before the political correctness of this day. I thought I had heard it all.

Yet still I must unfortunately claim ignorance as well. So from my standpoint it is not too far fetched that there may indeed be genuine ignorance in the word's connotation.

I think a benefit of the doubt might be appropriate here. If no offence was meant, then, this time, let none be taken...

Apostle
12/08/2004, 02:21 PM
Well, where im from (all over, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and now Florida)

the original term of "ricer" came from the term "rice rocket"/"rice burner" or a motorcycle made in Asia.

Therefore, "ricer" is a take off of any vehicle made in Asia.

Which turned to any Asian made vehicle that has been tricked out beyond factory modifications.

Which in turn became ANY vehicle tricked out.

the term "ricer" has no derogatory meaning toward asian people

the terms "bucket head" "slant eyed" "gook (sp?)" are derogatory terms directed toward asians.

(No offense to any Asian people intended, when i offend, ill offend everyone)

point being, dont make this thread out to anything it is not. No one here intends to offend anyone on purpose

SlowPro48
12/08/2004, 02:55 PM
Thank you, Mr. Panther.

I don't know why some people have to keep picking at a scab instead of letting the wound heal. How did this thread go from discussion of a non-functional but fairly decent looking VX accessory to racism anyway? Hate-mongers that's how!

in 3...2...1

Heraclid
12/08/2004, 03:14 PM
Bravo Joe! I think the touchiness comes from something else and rice is just a word that sets it off. I think deep down it's a case of what laymen call "Rice envy". It is often exhibited when one who has been told one thing for a long time cannot face the factual evidence that threatens to tear their world of false premises asunder. Clinically, it would be called Theyhavecondoleezaandwedontitis.

Rice probably means something a little different to most everyone. I equate it with what we used to call posers. Except that for me, rice is taking poserdom to the next level. A poser may get away with their deception, but a ricer is the person for whom it is instantly and painfully obvious to everyone else that their attempt to fool anyone was an abyssmal failure.

If you tell your buds your VX cost $60,000, I think you are a poser. If you put Mercedes emblems on it, I think you are getting kinda ricey.

Ya know what I'd love to see? Someone should take that Weird Al parody of Ice Ice Baby (Rice Rice Baby), toy with the lyrics a little, and put it together with some video of the worst ricer cars around. That would be a hoot.

Bantan, I found this regarding an earlier question you had and wanted to pass it along:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=CH0316/Sec2397.HTM

BaM*BaM
12/08/2004, 04:29 PM
I would suggest that we use a different word other than 'ricer', to describe our negative opinions on something. "Ricer" suggests a superiority of American perception, that has become somewhat laughable when used by a group of people (me included) who are dedicated to a Japanese designed and built vehicle,... A vehicle that this same "superior American perception," would have NEVER put into production.

This is what you call 'HATE-Mongering"? ... Sigh... How much more polite can someone be in asking people to NOT use negative racial slang?

I also give humorous terms to possibly use instead...

or a

... More of that same "HATE-MONGERING?"

Chopper
12/08/2004, 05:08 PM
Hey AlaskaVX... have I got a Focus in mind for you. Unless you get close nothing unusual. It'll turn mid twelves on pump gas... Pro Stock guys(hardly a Focus at all) are well down into the eights. Hardly all show and no go ! As for the rest, getting upset because someone calls a hot, Asian car a rice rocket or ricer, is like getting upset when most of the world calls us Fat, Arrogant, Dangerous Americans....Hmmmm

AlaskaVX
12/08/2004, 05:10 PM
This is a good description on what "rice" means, form a member of a local forum....

By: Tristan Aronson

What is a Ricer?

(Ricer: From the Latin word Ricarius, meaning to suck at everything you attempt.)

There are many various meanings for the term Ricer, Including both the driver, and the vehicle involved with the terminology. These definitions also vary in exact definition, but the over all meaning is still the same. It refers to a car that is all show and no go, or a person that is all talk and knows nothing about what they are talking about. But the most commonly meaning for the word ricer is in regards to a usually Japanese car that has been modified to make it look faster without any real gains to the performance of the car. In some cases, these visual modifications detriment the actual performance of the vehicle, and put it below what it actually was
in stock form.

Some of the more common modifications include, but are not
limited to: neon lights, and stickers for performance parts that are not actually installed on the vehicle, yet are there because they look cool. Another favorite thing to add is an enormously oversized wing on the rear end of a front wheel drive car which is meant to add down force to keep this 40 mile per hour monster on the ground. The wings typically look like something you'd expect to see on a Top Fuel Dragster, or a Boeing 747 aircraft. The likeness to a city park bench is also a common analogy to the
looks of several of the wings that are used on these rice mobiles.

Another typical modification is the addition of a muffler that is typically large enough to shove your leg into which makes more sound decibels than the motor makes horsepower. The large muffler in most cases will actually harm the performance of the vehicle, allowing too much exhaust volume to flow through the exhaust dropping the back pressure, and lowering the torque, causing acceleration to be slower.

And my personal favorite, the hideous body cladding kit that attempts to make the said vehicle look like a cross between a space ship, a race car, and something you'd expect to see in the movie Tron. 99% of the time these body kits are miss-matched in color, and it's cool to install your unpainted body kit without any intent to ever actually have it painted.

A set of chrome or odd colored Euro tail lights that And last but not least, is the rims, or wheels. Most ricers go out and
buy a set of Racing wheels, again often miss-matched in size or type so they can fit into the racer mentality. It's widely common for these vehicles to have only two aftermarket rims (usually on the front) and the stock rims ad tires on the back, minus the hub caps, because the steel rim look is considered cool. Ricers are not limited to Japanese cars only. Several domestic vehicles are also widely popular to rice out. Cars such as the Chevrolet Cavalier, and the Ford Focus, are also largely popular cars to be riced out. The most common vehicles used are cheap econo box cars that were never built to actually go fast. This is a common misconception though, because the drivers will speak as if their cars are literally the fastest things on earth, frequently claiming quarter mile times that are sub 12 second range, usually 10's, because running 10's like the bald guy Vin Diesel in the Fast and The Furious movie is cool.

Another widely popular meaning of this word actually refers to the driver of the said "rice mobile" and speaks of the mentality of this person. Ricers are commonly known as being clueless when it comes to automotive engineering. They literally know nothing, or next to nothing when it comes to vehicles and performance, or actual knowledge and ability of to make a car fast. Ricers are not confined to any specific ethnic group, or color, except stupid. Although, different racial groups are known to have slightly different styles from one another, and the artistic variation, and displays of miss taste is shown.

Ricers have only in the past few recent years started to become a cool trend to be involved with. It started just before the release and explosion of the movie The Fast & The Furious. I must admit, that movie was quite exciting to watch the first time when you saw it in the theater, and the urge to go out and race the family mini van was even coursing through me once I had finished watching and was leaving the movie theater parking lot. But some people saw all the flashy cars, and flashy chase scenes, and carried it out a bit too far, and into obsession. This is actually where the ricer explosion boomed into popularity. Every where you looked people were buying body kits for their cars, and Nitrous Oxide systems (popularly referred to as NOS "NAWS", by the ricer group), and sticking stickers all over their rides to try to be more like the exciting vehicles that were portrayed in the movie. The popularity of this movie definitely wasn't expected. It was sort of a modern day Mad Max. The acting was terrible, and
it was a cheaply produced movie as well. Yet the youth of America took this movie and made it a piece of their hearts, creating the ricer society that we now see today. Ricers are typically known for their stupidity, especially associated with driving. They seem to think that they're living in a video game at all times, and that zipping and darting in between cars and in and out of traffic while creating a major hazard to us all is a perfectly normal thing to do with their slow econo box cars. They can often be seen huddling around the popular hang out spot of choice on the weekends, usually a large parking lot where they can stand around and admire each others rides on a regular basis, and do crazy things like burn outs, sound offs with their humongous stereo systems and rev their ungodly loud, yet slow four cylinders. All this is usually taking place in the evenings while normal people are trying to sleep.

All in all the overall definition of a ricer that nobody will argue is that it's usually a small, non performance oriented vehicle that's big in ignorance. Take a couple stickers, some racing stripes, a gallon of yellow krylon spray paint, and a perfectly good economy car that you don't mind butchering; and you too can have your very own ricer. But keep in mind, even though it may be miss leading and other nicknames include "ricer burners", they don't actually run off of Uncle Ben's. But if they did, I think a bit of wild rice would probably increase the performance more than anything. Too bad they're all actually just slow front wheel drive cars that handle similar to a toboggan on a dry slab of concrete.

Example:
http://www.encompass-tech.com/photogallery/pic3.jpg
http://www.encompass-tech.com/photogallery/pic1.jpg

Heraclid
12/08/2004, 06:23 PM
OMG LOL! Nice doors they have there! Just what I've always wanted. :-)

MZ-N10
12/08/2004, 07:16 PM
i personally think it would look good if the vx is lowered a bit.

and as for the ricer part....well im chinese and i personally dont find it racist, but i dont find chink or gook racist either. the term ricer to me, a 19 year old male that lives in california (dubbed ricer capital of america) and loves the import scene (have a few friends who race imports) , means a show car, so if tat ebony has nothing but just aero kits, it is a ricer. but if it has a sc then its not a ricer.

oh and tat white car is a ricer in my book
________
Class Action Lawsuit (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

SlowPro48
12/09/2004, 01:16 PM
This is what you call 'HATE-Mongering"? ... Sigh... How much more polite can someone be in asking people to NOT use negative racial slang?

I also give humorous terms to possibly use instead...

... More of that same "HATE-MONGERING?"

HaHa! No, Ever So Enlightened One - I was, of course, referring to your more recent post in which you claim many people from the South are incapable of realizing just how racist we are and in which you insinuate we're slinging certain racist terms around with ignorant abandon. This is simply untrue. I grew up in the South and NEVER heard the word nigger used until a kid from Fort Wayne, Indiana moved in across the street when I was 13 years old. Now I hear it on the radio every day but I guess if you replace the "er" with an "a" it's OK... That's "progress" for ya! FYI, the only racists I currently know and associate with here in the dirty south are liberals (or is it "progressives") who constantly bring up the subject of skin color as if it makes a damn bit of difference.

I think that deep down you know Joe wasn't implying anything negative about any race of people by using the term "ricer" - that he was just using one word to succinctly describe a certain type of vehicle and the mindset of those who create such vehicles - no matter what their ethnicity. If you don't know that, then get off your ivory tower and join us down here in the real world man! ;) Your alliteration and your cartoons are entertaining but when you post venomous words like that, all you're doing is stirring the pot of hatred...

OK - back to talking about Bantan's combine. Bantan, just how many acres of corn can you harvest in a day with that thing?

BaM*BaM
12/09/2004, 02:29 PM
I will always take great exception to this kind of "good ol boy' language.
I am sure when you, or others, call a car to be 'niggered' up, or call another car, a bouncing 'beaner' mobile, visions of "HATE" are NOT going thru your minds. Because,.. errr,... "gosh and heck,... we are just talkin about a car,.... not about someone's momma!"
(Sigh)

There is a difference... A difference when some insecure youth from somewhere, decides they want to lash out their personal anger, and they then look for a minority that their parents and peers regularly dis, and dehumanize, using cheap, easy, racial slurs, that usually carried no hate when they were originally spoken.

These are 'small innocent' words that majorities regularly use to keep minorities brainwashed into thinking that they stand far below many others, in that culture's 'pecking order'.

Everyone here lives in their own culture. I try to see how I can improve mine, everyday. And when I see an outside culture that regularly feeds misinformation, intolerance, rediculous claims of 'devine superiority', and all other kinds of mindless crap, I have no trouble stepping up.

This VX web site, is a small culture that we all share in. Hopefully, thru it, we elevate the life experience for everyone, and not just for a chosen few.

And yes,... I make many mistakes too, and they are usually pointed out by my good and honest peers... all of you here at Vehicross.INFO
And I thank you for that!

spaceCADETzoom
12/09/2004, 04:33 PM
A lot of asian people in Idaho, is there?

As an American of asian decent, I'd like to note,folks, that "rice" is not a derrogatory term (at least not racially). The term came about because of the japanese cars that were first "riced" out.

"Rice-burner" motorcycles, for example, does not refer to asian motorcyclists. Rice burner bikes have been around long before the compact import car scene.

We darn near invented the stateside rice out here in California. In fact, ti was on a gaudy, tacky decline before Fast and the Furious came out. Fast and the Furious brought it up to new heights....all the way to where it is today.

Anyway. No asian has been seriously offended by rice. I thank all patronizing white folks that I, and us poor asians, do not need to be saved with your misplaced politcal correctness. We can defend ourselves just fine, thank you very much. We don't take kindly on "gook" or "slope." But pointing at a white kid in a riced out Honda (or FOcus, or cavalier), is not racist in the least.

BaM*BaM
12/09/2004, 04:44 PM
Step off your horse, Calif. Kiddo.
I have worked for years and years with the Tibetian Refugee communitee, and am fleunt in both Nepalese and Tibetian, and I travel alot thru Siberia and SE Asia regularly for strange govt. agencies. I see the source of hate towards minorities, in every culture in the world. And Yes, grasshopper,...' ricer' is a cheap shot at racial hatred.
The fact that you need to get a clue, instead of accepting the brainwashing that you are fed by the white majority, is quite obvious. Go ask your grandparents how proud they are to hear that your white 'buddies,' call you a 'ricer'.

spaceCADETzoom
12/09/2004, 04:49 PM
THanks for your salvation, oh powerful white man! I needed that!

Honestly, Thanks for proving my point, though. Even if you probably didn't mean to...yes, scratch your head...go ahead.

AlaskaVX
12/09/2004, 04:51 PM
Ummmmmmm he drives a VX, not a civic. That makes him very un-rice, until he puts a aweful wing up front ;)

spaceCADETzoom
12/09/2004, 04:58 PM
I really like those door hinges...

I'm saving that photo.

And, yes, IT's RICE. Poor me, I'm brainwashed.

hehehehe.

transio
12/09/2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by spaceCADETzoom
THanks for your salvation, oh powerful white man! Paypal me $20 as a symbol of your gratitude. ;)

Raque Thomas
12/09/2004, 06:22 PM
Step off your horse, Calif. Kiddo.
I have worked for years and years with the Tibetian Refugee communitee, and am fleunt in both Nepalese and Tibetian, and I travel alot thru Siberia and SE Asia regularly for strange govt. agencies. I see the source of hate towards minorities, in every culture in the world. And Yes, grasshopper,...' ricer' is a cheap shot at racial hatred.
The fact that you need to get a clue, instead of accepting the brainwashing that you are fed by the white majority, is quite obvious. Go ask your grandparents how proud they are to hear that your white 'buddies,' call you a 'ricer'.

Look man - you've had 2 people of Asain decent tell you it is not derogatory, but yet you persist in trying to convince them and the rest of us that it is. AND, you've used the "N" word in every post on this thread. THOSE are the things that fuel racial divides - the constant pouring of salt into the wound. As for a "beaner" mobile, or a car "n'd" up, I've never heard either of those terms. I'm from the South, and there are a LOT of blacks and hispanics here in Louisville. Why can't we just be Americans rather than this race or that race? Because some have to continue to keep it going - looking for discrimination when there is none, imposing unfair racial "quotas", telling minorities constantly that they are being hurt/discriminated against, etc. I am a member of the most discriminated against class in America right now - white middle class healthy male. But - I don't harbor racial hate, I consider everyone born in America to be Americans - not members of a race. If they weren't born in America, that's OK too - just speak the language if you're going to live here.

I'm sure you'll have more salt to pour into this wound - but I'd like to get back to the topic - take this ***** to another thread!

And - back to the topic, I like the "wing" in some shots and not in others - I'd have to see it up close and personal to make a final judgement. I do applaud his uniqueness and willingness to push the envelope to try different things - whether or not I like this particular mod. As someone already said - one of the best looking Ebonies out there.

BaM*BaM
12/09/2004, 07:14 PM
I am a member of the most discriminated against class in America right now - white middle class healthy male
You sound like someone who lives in a "faith based reality Disney world" where the natural laws of cause and effect no longer apply if you click your heels enough and try to convince yourself of your own "divine righteous superiority".

Joe_Black
12/09/2004, 07:39 PM
Please, take the non-VX discourse over to "Chit-Chat". I'm just as guilty for getting drawn into this as well by my own comments. This community of late has become much, much too intense in regards to the intolerance of dissimilar views and outlooks. Those who have met me will remember how I've mentioned the most fascinating thing I find about other VX owners is that when you get together you always discover at least one other common interest you're passionate about. That's positive diversity.

Generally you shouldn't talk about religion, politics or how much you make amongst strangers. But I've had some of the best discussions with new VX friends at meets about religion and social issues, with everyone staunchly representing a different view but openly discussing the others.

We used to be like that here.

I was discussing how the board has become of late with my fiancee at lunch today. I run a forum for antique Caterpillar tractors and support another, and during the recent Presidential election it was entertaining to read the political threads there. While other boards were entering political melt-down and frag-fests these hard working machinery operators and enthusiasts, from all over the world mind you, were fierce Bush supporters. Especially the Australians and Europeans. Now I'm only mentioning this to highlight that it was refreshing to see a group with such solidarity over a volatile subject, no matter what their leaning.

And I believe that our problems here started about the same time the election started heating up the board. Suddenly the folk here became very galvanized voicing opinions along their party line and out right attacking those who weren't in lock-step with their beliefs. Someone you've chatted with here for years and shared jokes and mods and what-not starts sharing thoughts you've not had the opportunity to see before, and maybe you don't like it so much. Your opinion changes, and not for the better.

I just think a lot of bitterness has been seeded and many here just need to step back a bit, look at what's happening and figure what changed within themselves to bring this about.

We all are individuals with some common interests here, but far more differences person to person. Being open to those differences, being courteous and respectful enough to not attack those differences, that's what defined this board and it's community.

Now, again, please go to "Chit-Chat" for non-VX discourse. Back to Bantan's Wing-O-Lator! ;Do;

Raque Thomas
12/09/2004, 07:58 PM
Started a new thread for the ranting - let's take it there.

WSG, I screwed up - could you move that to Chit-Chat - please?

redline
12/09/2004, 08:02 PM
Surely all these years working with the nepalese and tibetans taught you something. I travel SE Asia often . Fluent , Boy are you full of it bam :laugho:

dutchie
12/09/2004, 11:05 PM
And bantan is reading this thread and and thinks by himself.."d@mn I'm happy I never showed those guys my hoovercraft switch and my build-in pleasure you all vibrating seat warmers...:D
Anyway in my humble opinion.....I love your ride..it's one of the best looking rides on this board, kinda in the same league as Cyrk, Tone and Ron and some others.
You guys spend some serious dough on your ride and it payed off. I applaud those, who are willing to do this and raise the bar each time while taking a lot of risk at getting critisism...

Anita
12/10/2004, 12:31 AM
Does Scott's "Statement of Disappointment" have to bump up over and over again for people to get a clue? Read it.. and then read it over again this time with intellegence.

If you got something to prove to another member of the forum PLEASE go private with it. I for one am not interested in the almighty attributes of anyone that feel it necessary to prove their selective intelligence or philosophies to another member in front of the entire membership.

I appreciate the discussion on "ricers". I have learned information on the subject that I didnt know before. And I like the look of Bantan's ride. It's very much his style and I look forward to whatever more he has in store for it.

Apostle
12/10/2004, 02:50 AM
(yawn) morning

you all still talking about this?

<walks away thinking theres better things to do with his time>

Bantan
12/10/2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by dutchie
And bantan is reading this thread and and thinks by himself.."d@mn I'm happy I never showed those guys my hoovercraft switch and my build-in pleasure you all vibrating seat warmers...:D
Anyway in my humble opinion.....I love your ride..it's one of the best looking rides on this board, kinda in the same league as Cyrk, Tone and Ron and some others.
You guys spend some serious dough on your ride and it payed off. I applaud those, who are willing to do this and raise the bar each time while taking a lot of risk at getting critisism...

Thanks Bro, that was funny
Hey maybe you can post the Question one of your local forums there in Japan.

transio
12/10/2004, 08:13 AM
Maybe the ricer / race discussion should be split out of this thread and merged with the new chit-chat thread? Mods?

Regarding that discussion:

Verbage with a separatist intent (e.g. racial & cultural qualifiers) tend to divide society into sub-classifications. Regular use of such descriptors changes an individual's perception of the diverse mixture that is society, in a sense dehumanizing portions thereof by classifying them as other than oneself.

With no intention of disrespecting any board members here, use of the terms "African American" or "Asian American" are no better than "Black," "Chink," "Spic," or the dreaded "N*gger". They have the same separatist intent, only with a "politically correct" derivation. Note that political correctness does not equate to social or ethical correctness. You're still dividing society, but only in a way that is acceptable in politics. That only makes you as good a person as the average politician.

When I think of my friends, I don't classify them as white, black, asian, or hispanic - nor jew, buddhist or gentile. They are people. I classify people by the attributes that define them as post-natal individuals - intelligence, kindness/empathy, interests and philosophy. These are the characteristics that make us unique and interesting human beings. Focusing on race in any way is patronizing and counter-productive in the evolution of ubiquitous harmony in this world.

I suggest that anyone here who seeks out prejudice in gray areas like the word "rice" look within. Remember that intention is more important than semantics. Try to understand why you feel the need to extend the fight for political correctness to unnecessary lengths. Perhaps you're inadvertantly imposing your self-mortification upon others for your own past offenses? Think about it.

Mr. I-MAN
12/10/2004, 09:01 AM
Anita

"F" Scotts statement . What is He some Commie Gesatpo who controls everyone minds thoughts and words. Maybe he should get a WSG Job in N. North Korea they appreciate that kind that control. We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for.

If you choose to erase this post then the message is clear.

Maybe we should just change the sites name to "What Scott wants you hear.info"

Live Free Or Die:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SlowPro48
12/10/2004, 09:27 AM
I will always take great exception to this kind of "good ol boy' language.
I am sure when you, or others, call a car to be 'niggered' up, or call another car, a bouncing 'beaner' mobile, visions of "HATE" are NOT going thru your minds. Because,.. errr,... "gosh and heck,... we are just talkin about a car,.... not about someone's momma!"
(Sigh)

You beat all I've ever seen, man. I think it speaks volumes about your mindset that you don't even know me, yet you assume I use language like that. I don't. And I don't know anybody who does. My neighborhood is 30 percent Hispanic and I'm just a few blocks from an area that is virtually 100 percent Hispanic - so I see the lowriders hopping and throwing scrapes all the time – but I've never heard the term "beaner-mobile" in my life. We just call them lowriders.

Just out of curiosity, on what are you basing your belief that I make use of racial slurs? Will you at least tell me that?

You know what I think? I think there are basically two types of racists in this world. First, there are the blatant racists – the stereotypical ignorant loudmouths. The ones you probably refer to as "good ol' boys". Yeah we've got some of 'em down here. You've probably got a few in Idaho too don't you? (isn't that where the Aryan Nations is headquartered?) These people really don't bother me much. They have very little effect on the world. Sure they're obnoxious, but everybody knows they're racists so whatever they say is discounted by the general public. The only people who pay attention to them are their fellow racist buddies. It's an insular existence.

Then there's the far more dangerous type. These self-righteous, ivory-tower-dwelling racists constantly, yet very subtly remind certain people that they are of a different race - that they are, after all, minorities. They enforce their secret prejudices through various institutions and systems that on the surface appear to benefit minorities. Their patronizing views are cloaked in euphamisms, but a thorough examination of their actions reveals that they assume minorities have neither the full humanity nor wisdom nor good judgement to make decisions affecting their lives. It is assumed that important decisions must be made for them, not by them. Dependancy grows as freedom and responsibility are denied. This type of subtle racism will destroy one's dignity, integrity and positive self-image.

Every Tuesday on my lunch hour I tutor at a local elementary school. For the last five years, I've tutored the same kid. He happens to be black, but the subject of race has never once come up. He doesn't care that I'm white - all he cares about is that I'm there for him. And I never think about what color his skin is. All I'm thinking when I walk into that school on Tuesday is "Please, God, help me to teach and inspire Jamari. Help him stay focused. And please help him to concentrate on his homework instead of playing video games when he goes home this afternoon." But from now on I think I'll also add "...and God, as he goes out into the world - please protect him from the subtle hate-mongering divider-men..."

SlowPro48
12/10/2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by spaceCADETzoom
A lot of asian people in Idaho, is there?

Ha! Dude that's funny! I hadn't thought about that angle. I just checked the census website and found that Idaho is 0.4% black and the county BamBam lives in is 0.1% black. That's right - one tenth of one percent.

The county I live in is 25.6% black but the town I live in is even more diverse. Five of our eight city council members are black. My neighborhood is more like 40% black/30% hispanic/30% white with a sprinkling of Korean families. And we all get along. The kids play. The adults visit. The dogs sniff each others' butts. Life's good in the 'hood.

I find it ironic that we're getting a lecture on racism by somebody who lives in what has to be one of the most whitebread states in the nation...

SlowPro48
12/10/2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Anita
Does Scott's "Statement of Disappointment" have to bump up over and over again for people to get a clue? Read it.. and then read it over again this time with intellegence.

Sorry. Was doing pretty good until spud-boy stirred the pot again. I just get worked up over these things too easily. Is there a way to hide someone's posts? I went to the "User CP" and saw where there's an "Ignore List" but is that for posts or for PM's?

Thanks. And sorry again.

(Dammit spud-boy you sucked me into another one. After Ms. Anita gets through spanking it, you can kiss the crack of my lilly-white ***** for that)

(just jesting, OK?) :p :p :p:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Joe_Black
12/10/2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
"F" Scotts statement . What is He some Commie Gesatpo who controls everyone minds thoughts and words. No, he isn't. However, he is the owner and operator of this website he kindly provides for us to use and not abuse. Take some time to find out exactly what your rights are, reading the forum rules would be a good start. This web site is the internet equivalent of being invited into someones home to talk shop. How you conduct yourself affects the hospitality of the host. ;Dy;

Dallas4u
12/10/2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Joe_Black
No, he isn't. However, he is the owner and operator of this website he kindly provides for us to use and not abuse. Take some time to find out exactly what your rights are, reading the forum rules would be a good start. This web site is the internet equivalent of being invited into someones home to talk shop. How you conduct yourself affects the hospitality of the host. ;Dy;

Right. Think of your presence here as being at Scott's party. He created the party for you... if you don't want to abide by his rules then I'm sure most would agree that YOU can get the F* out.

Besides, I don't think his "rules" are too hard to live by.

Mr. I-MAN
12/10/2004, 10:41 AM
If somebody talked me or my group like we were a bunch of children. Whether if it was in "his house" or not. It would definately be safe to assume he would be choking on fragments of his own tooth enamel. So consider my last I literal example of that scenario. Thank you

and goodbye

Moncha
12/10/2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr. I-MAN
Anita

"F" Scotts statement . What is He some Commie Gesatpo who controls everyone minds thoughts and words. Maybe he should get a WSG Job in N. North Korea they appreciate that kind that control. We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for.

If you choose to erase this post then the message is clear.

Maybe we should just change the sites name to "What Scott wants you hear.info"

Live Free Or Die:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed did we? Did the dog do something in your Wheaties?

Let me say, act like children and be treated like children. I, in no way, EVER imposed upon anyone a certain way of thinking or acting. I, here , just as in my career only enforce what has been bestowed upon me. Laws and rules.

I appreciate the support of others that think that this is "my party" and "my RULES (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=8#59) " but, it's not. Yes, I provide the place but the RULES (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=8#59) are those of regular life. I admit, there are alot of what "you can't do's" but, just the same in real life there are a lot more "you can do's". So many infact, they can't be written.

For you, MR. I-MAN, to call me a "Commie Gesatpo" and cry "We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for" is not only an insult to me but, to every member of this forum for all I've ever done is attempt to keep the peace. For someone to use the "We are in America freedom of speech is our right we have fought a died for" speech so they can act as unruly and disrespectful as they can, is a mockery to the entire point of our existance.
Yes, this is America and yes, Freedom of Speech is our First Amendment Right which I too, risk my life on a daily basis to keep these freedoms for you and others but, that is when you are dealing with public spaces. As stated from the others, this is not a public server, nor is it a public forum. Hence, the RULES (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=8#59) of this website.

I created the 'Chit, Chat' forum so everyone may discuss any topic they choose so long as those discussions remain within the rules just as the other forums.

I'm not sure of the nature of your unprovoked direct attack upon me but, in reading your last post, and seeing that you would make someone, whom, you don't even know, choke on "fragments of his own tooth enamel" leads me to stick to my 3rd sentence in this reply. It's no wonder, with people running around with this mindset I have job security.

I have no problems in accepting your last word, "Goodbye", and would even like to assist you on your way.

So, Mr. I-Man farewell, parting was not sweet sorrow.

VXMAN
12/10/2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WSG aka Moncha
I have no problems in accepting your last word, "Goodbye", and would even like to assist you on your way.

Bravo, well done Scott. Enough said!

Dave...

VX crazy
12/10/2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by VXMAN
Bravo, well done Scott. Enough said!

Dave...

Ditto!!!
:yes: :thumbup: :wave: Don't let the door hit you in *****!!:clap:

Tone
12/10/2004, 04:05 PM
Scott ALWAYS knows how to handle the difficult ones! I would like to remind everyone that Scott does this out of his love for the VX, not for commercial, personal or egotistical gain.

Something I have noticed is that many of the complainers and outsiders are not even willing to step up and make a contribution to the forum yet believe they are entitled to say and do as they please. If you haven't contributed and like the site, please consider becoming a $10, $20, or $40 CONTRIBUTING member - think of it as a Christmas present to all the other VX owners here.

transio
12/10/2004, 04:14 PM
STS. Schizophrenic Thread Syndrome. On the topic of rules and leaving a forum, I've found that forums tend to transmit a personality - a sum average of the owners and members therein. This personality is something that you either click with or not. The personality is what sets the tone for what's acceptable or not. If you don't like it, you shouldn't stick around.

Some members who don't click will stick around and attempt to push the boundaries, typically annoying others. This is immature. I think the best thing to do is to recognize when a forum isn't for you and just be mature enough to move on. I guess I have to commend I-Man for having this realization, even if a little late.

PS - I belong to one forum (www.webdesignforums.net) where not only subject matter is limited (no politics, no religion), language is limited (no cursing, etc.), but even spelling and grammar are tightly monitored. People have actually been banned for using "hax0r 5p3ak", for example. Granted, it's a forum for professionals, but the point is that it transmits a personality. There are "hax0r" kids who want to talk about web design, too - they can either follow the rules there or go somewhere else.

Moncha
12/10/2004, 10:03 PM
So as we can lay this to rest, MR. I-MAN and I have patched things up and the both of us are on common ground now. This was all done off line, as it should and in no way, any of what was said will make it onto these boards. Thank you to all for your support on both sides of the line for without, there wouldn't be much conversation. I respect that there is an oposite opinion to almost every subject out there, all I ask is to keep it clean and fair.

Dallas4u
12/11/2004, 09:41 AM
I like to just throw something in real quick... I belong to another forum where it seems you ARE allowed to use some "fowl" language and such (advrider.com), but I have NEVER seen things get much more out of hand than some playful ribbing. Everyone gets along great fine and it seems the members who have been around the longest tend to tease each other with the occasional "S" words and "F" words... it's all in good fun, though.

It isn't for everyone, and I could see things getting out of hand if it wasn't for good moderation and maturity. They know their boundries, they respect each other, and they respect their moderators. If the forum users understand and respect the entire reasoning behind the forum (whether bad language is allowed or not) things can run so much more smoothly.

As much as I-Man was getting on people's nerves, it always sucks when someone is banned and not allowed back. I hope he can become a contributing member of the forum and we can all live in peace and harmony (I think I just puked in my mouth) :deady:

All joking aside, BACK TO THE FORUM!! :D

Heraclid
12/11/2004, 10:37 AM
Dallas, looks like you got a new bike (?) Can we see? I looked it up on the Suzuki site but I like to see all the angles too.

Despite just about everyone's complete lack of emotional support and frequent objections, I one day I'm going to probably get one and ride it, and fly some helicopters, too.

SloPro and transio, I wanna at least buy you guys a beer or whatever you're having sometime.

transio
12/11/2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by WSG aka Moncha
MR. I-MAN and I have patched things up Good to hear! :)

Originally posted by Heraclid
SloPro and transio, I wanna at least buy you guys a beer or whatever you're having sometime. You got it, man. Next central Florida event. I'll bring Bantan, too! :D

SlowPro48
12/12/2004, 09:39 PM
SloPro and transio, I wanna at least buy you guys a beer or whatever you're having sometime.

Thanks! And if you're ever up this way, I'll load you up with some Highland beer!

(yes that's a shameless plug for my bro's brew - http://www.highlandbrewing.com/ - they've just come out with a new one called Heather Ale and boy is it good so you guys in NC, east TN and upstate SC try it OK?)

Maugan_VX
12/13/2004, 07:19 PM
I think I've had that beer at the Flying Saucer here in Raleigh.

For some reason it rings a bell.

Bantan
12/13/2004, 09:14 PM
Bantan, I found this regarding an earlier question you had and wanted to pass it along:
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=CH0316/Sec2397.HTM

Thanks for the info, Bro:thanx: :thumbup:

BaM*BaM
12/14/2004, 11:31 AM
SlowPro48,

While packing to go to Ukraine as an election monitor for their Dec. 26, election, I just stopped in to look at the latest comments by our local "good ol' boy' network. (You are all (Ya'all) drinking buddies now?) LOL

So, SlowPro48, from what you say,

I find it ironic that we're getting a lecture on racism by somebody who lives in what has to be one of the most whitebread states in the nation..
... I am not qualified to speak about racial hatred, and the use of racial slurs, because I do not live near any of these minorities? And for you and your friends, the use of "RICER", or any other racial slur you feel like using, is completely correct because you feel fully justified in your bias and bigotry, because you live very near these minorities.
LOL!!
You regressive thinkers... errr.... you prefer the word "conservative" I think, ... geniuses are just too much.!

I think when you refer to me as "Spud Boy", you must be thinking about all of the Skin Heads and White Supremacists, and Mormons, that live in Idaho, Nevada, and Montana. I am sure you would feel right at home with all of them. They also worship the supernatural, and hate people such as me, and believe that their personal "colorful" expressions about race and hate, are nobody's business but their own. ( They also enjoy calling themselves, "CONSERVATIVES", just like you and your friends. But we all know that in their hearts, they are really pathetic "REGRESSIVES".)

They actually have very similar thoughts as your drinking buddy, Transo. His quote,

:use of the terms "African American" or "Asian American" are no better than "Black," "Chink," "Spic," or the dreaded "N*gger".
Maybe look again at the words that I suggested we use instead of "RICER, BLACK, CHINK, SPIC, or NIGGER" for that car mod. They were:

or a
....hmmm, no racial referrals at all.

The Tibetan family and the Mexican family that live and work on this Ranch, await the next great comments from the few, but very loud members of the southern VX beer drinkers club. LOL (i'll be gone)

V-Twin hiCROSS
12/14/2004, 01:45 PM
(Dammit spud-boy you sucked me into another one. After Ms. Anita gets through spanking it, you can kiss the crack of my lilly-white ***** for that)

Slowpro - I was literally busting up laughing out loud as I read your posts through this thread. The guy in the next office came over to see what was going on.

Somehow I have missed this whole conversation until today. Very interesting. Having no bias either way, I am amazed that term "Ricer" can have such devastating affects on Bam-Bam. HE IS NOT EVEN ASIAN!!!!!!!!

Obviously no one here meant anything racial by the comment. We all know what the term means, except for those in Spud-ville. No harm, no foul.

As for the mod to Bantan's VX, (that is what this thread was about, isn't it?), it looks alright. Not really my choice, but pretty cool for a strictly "street machine". Personally, I am liking the lifted VX's with the big tires. Do they call that "redneck"?

I had better be careful not use those regionally racial terms. Do you also defend hillbillies?

Apostle
12/14/2004, 05:30 PM
I blame Joe for starting this thread. tsk tsk tsk

Joe_Black
12/14/2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks. I feel sooo much better now! :rotate:

I'm beginning to wish this forum had an "ignore" feature.

Zeesh!

At least we now know Bam*Bam will soon be travelling to a place where kidnapping Americans is a hobby. ;Dr; Maybe we can all chip in to help sponsor an adoptive work camp, errr, family for him too. ;pr;

Just kidding Bam*Bam! Hope you come back safely and feeling you've done some good, and maybe a bit more appreciative of the freedom to flame your friends here.

t2p
12/15/2004, 10:01 AM
whoa ........
I don't pay attention to a thread for a few days .........
and this happens ? .........

SlowPro48
12/17/2004, 02:01 PM
....I think when you refer to me as "Spud Boy", you must be thinking about all of the Skin Heads and White Supremacists, and Mormons, that live in Idaho, Nevada, and Montana. I am sure you would feel right at home with all of them. They also worship the supernatural, and hate people such as me, and believe that their personal "colorful" expressions about race and hate, are nobody's business but their own.....

No, SpudBoy, I don't associate with skin heads or even waste time thinking about them or their ilk - I was only thinking about you, my man. I figure if you can make fun of us Southern "good 'ol boys" I can make fun of you and your pasty-white tuber-grubbing Idaho spud-buddies.

OK - all kidding aside - It saddens me to hear that you feel like you're surrounded by people who hate you. That can't be much fun. BaMBam, I do not hate you. I WILL argue with you, however, because I suspect you're aligned with those who are working diligently to kill my joy and my personal freedom. Well... to be honest, there's less to it than that... I'd probably argue with you even if you weren't a killjoy. I'll argue with a telephone pole! That's just the way I am. It's nothing personal - it's not serious - it's entertainment! I'm sorry if it's given you the impression that I hate you because I don't. I would gladly sit down and drink a beer and jaw with you if I could. We would have to steer clear of certain topics but I'm sure we could find something in common to talk about like... maybe... VX's! Hey what a novel idea! There oughta be a website for that!

You have a safe trip and keep an eye on those Ukranian ballot stuffers. They really need a bunch of Americans with superior judgement showing them how to run a proper election... Just ask our Libertarian, Constitution and Green Party candidates about that. I'm sure they'll agree...

OK - back to the specs on this 3-Pass Wetback Boiler...

;Dy;

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/18/2004, 06:37 AM
Okay....Joe Black....I've just got to get this off my chest:

Your "footer" shows a green dragon VX knocking some highway cones off to the side....do you have any idea of just how insensitive that is to all highway cones in general...I mean...come on! Highway cones have rights you know! I think it's time SOMEBODY (okay....me) stand up for their rights since they obviously can't voice an opinion............TAlley-Ho....the Crusade has begun!

about Bantan's Mod....I've always felt that We all share a common bond here in our love and appreciation for our VX's...but we all have different visions of how We like our VX's to look & function. I can appreciate anyone's vision whether it's for me or not. I'm not about to ever lower mine but I'm pretty sure I will never "lift" it either. I do however enjoy seeing what others have done with theirs in these regards!

For me personally....The VX offers the dualality of being somewhat of a sporty ride that can go places that virtually no other sporty ride can traverse. Kind of like a Mitsubishi Eclipse on a jeep frame! And yet, it handles pretty well (sporty) on-road as well. I am not personally interested in changing this balance in favor of one aspect only to lose the other. I don't want to give up good on-road handling in favor of a go anywhere "jacked-up"
rig (as good as it looks!) but, I'm not gonna ever lower it so that I can't traverse a speed bump either (as good as it looks!) I do, however, get enjoyment of seeing other peoples visions.

I think Bantan's ride would look good pacing the field at Indy!

Heraclid
12/19/2004, 10:12 AM
Jolly Roger VX'er, I am appalled and offended by your lack of ability to distinguish the subtle nuances regarding the classes of cones and abject failure to obtain a basic civilized understanding of things in which we elites are so well-versed. No, those are actually rallycross cones. We keep them locked away until we wish for them to amuse us, and because they are notably shorter, lesser cones fit only to live in the dirt. They are most definitely not worthy of the same level of lofty respect given to much more learned and sophisticated highway cones. Therefore we of noble birth and obscene privilege may toss dirt in their faces or even run over these plebeian cones as we wish because they are expendable and their miserable existence is tolerated only as long as their suffering serves to provide us some acceptable level of entertainment. This being the sole measure of their worth, we may take their lives on a whim without consequence for they matter little in the affairs of important persons.

Joe_Black
12/19/2004, 07:34 PM
Okay David, that's a way too wordy and over-the-top post. ;pg; If I didn't know any better I'd say you've got WAAAYYYY too much time on your hands! ;Do;

Jolly Roger: Send your support and money to these folk if your heart bleeds for the cones...

Traffic Cone Preservation Society (http://animation.filmtv.ucla.edu/students/awinfrey/coneindex.htm)