View Full Version : Electric Exhaust Cut Out

MachineVX
12/08/2004, 08:08 AM
Anybody ever used this or know something about it --

Quicktime Electric Cutout

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/

SlowPro48
12/08/2004, 03:24 PM
Had a friend in high school who installed a pair of those on his Dodge Charger. They were the cable operated cutouts that JC Whitney has been selling for forever. He found out two things:

1) a straight-piped 440 is insanely loud
2) exhaust cutouts are illegal in NC

Their website says the cutouts are street-legal as long as they're closed while on the road. I don't know about your state but that's not true in NC. Their very presence on the vehicle is illegal. The cops probably wouldn't catch you if you kept a low profile and even if you didn't they probably wouldn't do anything as evidenced by the Harley crowd running straight pipes all over the place **BUT** you won't pass the yearly DMV inspection without taking them off!

Tone
12/08/2004, 04:07 PM
6cyls do NOT benefit from an open exhaust. I've run mine that way after the header swap and aside from the crazy loud, there was LESS performance. But could be cool at a light next to a big 8 cylinder....:D

morgan-tec
12/08/2004, 09:16 PM
Yea our engines need some back pressure to put out good power, if you ran these on your VX you would kill you low-mid torque and maybe..... gain a little top end hp but i bet you would never notice it.

Ldub
12/08/2004, 10:52 PM
HUH.....WHAT??? can't hear you HUH?

MachineVX
12/09/2004, 03:03 AM
I was thinking it'd be fun to open up next to some of the Harleys around Chi-town at the Twisted Spoke . . .

SlowPro48
12/09/2004, 01:46 PM
they probably wouldn't be able to hear you - ref Lawrence's post above :D