PDA

View Full Version : OT: How Many Online Gamers?

Joe_Black
12/10/2004, 02:03 PM
We've had a few threads here and there about this, but I thought it'd be cool to have an ongoing thread of who-plays-what and their character names.

I'm a longtime PlanetSide player, main character for the VS on Emerald is S1N1STAR-K with alternates SIN1STAR and S1NISTAR. Ocassionally on Markov as NC with NerveAgent.

May be picking up HL2 to get back into some CS action. ;Dp;

VXMAN
12/10/2004, 02:10 PM
I'm a Counter Strike junkie! I also play Poker Stars alot. There is just something about shooting someone on Counter Strike with a Sniper Rifle from long distance, that really releaves the work day stress. I'm not a closet killer, waiting to come out, really. I fully know the difference between real life and game fun, but boy is it a blast! My only problem is, once I get on, I lose all track of time. I've been known to get into CS and come out 6 hours later ;eekb;

:D

Dave...

MZ-N10
12/10/2004, 04:18 PM
been in cs since the betas and d2 since xpac....

i just got css....unbelievable game, steam screwed me but im getting some skills back....

if anyone wanna play either of these pm me or soemthing
________
property for sale Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Maugan_VX
12/10/2004, 04:32 PM
I was big into DC for a while, then my friggin joystick snapped in half one night when I was flying and I couldn't play. Never have replaced it. Ahh well.

Playing Dawn of War right now.

CS/HL2 sucks. I could go into why, but it'd be met by accusations of "omfg I can move planks of wood around!"

(the grass looks like pubes, the texturing sucks, the shadows don't work right... I could go on but in all honesty only Wormgod might understand my beefs with the game)

MZ-N10
12/10/2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Maugan_VX
I was big into DC for a while, then my friggin joystick snapped in half one night when I was flying and I couldn't play. Never have replaced it. Ahh well.

Playing Dawn of War right now.

CS/HL2 sucks. I could go into why, but it'd be met by accusations of "omfg I can move planks of wood around!"

(the grass looks like pubes, the texturing sucks, the shadows don't work right... I could go on but in all honesty only Wormgod might understand my beefs with the game)

the grass and textures i havent paid much attention to it(kinda hard to believe huh?) but the water effects in tat game is gorgeous, i think i see wat u mean by the shadows dont work rite, but all i know is its a improvement from hl and reg cs, and just as fun.
________
KALISSTA live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/KALISSTA)

Maugan_VX
12/10/2004, 09:15 PM
I'm ruined on FPS's. I look at everything so technically. Facial Animation, static meshes, etc... that I can't really enjoy a game for what it is.

I LOVED Doom 3 just because they kept throwing nifty little effects in every once in a while that would make me go "ooh." HL2 is to slow paced for me. If you'd like some water effects go play Farcry. Its been eclipsed by Doom3 and Hl2 in visual effects but is still pretty...

especially the outdoor environments.

Apostle
12/10/2004, 10:12 PM
World of Warcraft
Anarchy online
Dark age of camelot

thats what im playing atm

usually go with Apostle if i can get it, if not then psyhunter

SwampBuggyMan
12/10/2004, 10:53 PM
UT Junkie 99 and 4, got into gaming because of Descent, Descent would scare the &^(* out of ya, goes back to 95

Began Career at TEN Duke Nukem,... Great Game
Ten was total entertainment network, not sure if its still around

Went on to Quake 2 and BF 1942, what a wonderful experience in DC!

Started a little Clan in UT 99, we went Big time, played in all the big tournaments, greeD was its name

I play UT4 now and Im going thru Half Life 2 as we speak

Also loved the Need For Speed Underground game, and Doom 3

Have monster gamer pc, its called a Voodoo, I love this thing.

Swamp (No_Quarter)

Newports
12/12/2004, 03:40 PM
Counter Strike name: Behemoth (u can find me in the fy_snow maps)
War Craft III/Frozen Throne name: Kil-Adabos
World of Warcraft: Fabian, Night Elf Hunter currently on Darnassus

omegavx
12/12/2004, 05:39 PM
I'm a pretty big gammer, to many callsigns to keep track of

wh40000:dawn of war
world of warcraft
HL2
Codename: Panzers

Plus a few other single player games (pirates is cool for the first hour, then it becomes repetitive) and a few I havn't even opened yet :)

kobie
12/12/2004, 07:08 PM
I prefer to play the sports games online... Anyone wanting a late night spanking in Madden let me know...

Amack76
12/13/2004, 05:23 AM
I am A Halo god, bring it same tag as my name

WormGod
12/13/2004, 08:20 AM
100% Final Fantasy Online

Just got my Samurai job unlocked, so I just added another 6 months of gametime to my list, lol.

Recently beat Halflife 2. Talk about a subtle waste of time.

Cyrk
12/13/2004, 08:26 AM
I'm loving Half Life 2 on my new Media Center PC with my 256meg ATI 9800XT hooked up DVI to my 61 inch Samsung DLP!!

Too much FUN! Great graphics...

Any of you guys use or can recommend a good Wireless Keyboard and mouse? I bought the Dell one and it sucks works about a foot away... need something with great range so I can sit my azz on the couch.

MZ-N10
12/13/2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Cyrk
I'm loving Half Life 2 on my new Media Center PC with my 256meg ATI 9800XT hooked up DVI to my 61 inch Samsung DLP!!

Too much FUN! Great graphics...

Any of you guys use or can recommend a good Wireless Keyboard and mouse? I bought the Dell one and it sucks works about a foot away... need something with great range so I can sit my azz on the couch.

logitech all the way man......nothing beats the new "lazer" opti mouse, the mouse itself is pretty heavy, so it might slow down ur reaction time when ur playin fps.
________
Weed bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)