PDA

View Full Version : Help help help, Im loosing my mind

james1_10018
12/14/2004, 05:26 PM
Guys
As you know I bought a set of 20" MB Motoring wheels. When they came i found i had one tire bigger. i didnt notice this untill getting home 10 miles later.
Had to drive back 10 miles to the shop which helped me change the single tire.

Now the problem.
With all wheels balanced and all, i feel my car isnt right. It seems it always pulling to left or right when i go into a bump or roughness on tarmac. It just feels weird. I understand the car will be stiffer but should I feel the bumps and the pulls ?could it be the tires are too wide fot this truck (9 inches).
could it be that i have lost my alignment or something else ?

i need help guys, i m so close to giving this car up.

Apostle
12/14/2004, 05:32 PM
anytime you change tires, even though they are balanced, you might want to get a front end alignment.

also, wider tires, when your not use to the feel, will pull to the side of the road that is lower then what your on.

combo of both perhaps

yal^
12/14/2004, 08:09 PM
Is you vx lifted or you just put bigger sneakers on?
Like Apostle said you will need alignment.
Also lift - if there is any - may make your vx "dancing" all over the road.
Don't go crazy, re-adjust. Remember, you just made a major change to your vx and that will not make your rig bahave like it was stock.

dutchie
12/15/2004, 04:50 PM
wider tires will create this effect, no alignment in the world will solve this problem...it's the problem of a short wheel base truck..

johnnyapollo
12/15/2004, 07:55 PM
I experience something similar - something about wider tires tracking with groves and bumps in the road. If I'm on a flat straight surface, the VX goes dead straight - it has to be the tires.

-- Best, John

yal^
12/15/2004, 09:02 PM
by re-adjust I meant your perception of your VX and how it handles with new shoes... when you buy a new car you need to get adjusted to the way it drives and handles... giving VX a makeover is like getting a new rig - drives and handles very differently...