PDA

View Full Version : catback duels....$300

jayfotos
01/17/2005, 02:12 PM
I can't take the PV muffler anymore, driving me nuts(way to loud).

Go'n in tomorrow morning get'n catback duel in duel out Magnaflow exhaust with chrome tips.....installed $300.

Jolly Roger VX'er
01/17/2005, 05:03 PM
kewel beans! I'm planning on this mod sometime this spring or summer too! Let me know how you like. I can't decide between either the duel in duel out magnaflow muffler or duel magnaflow mufflers near the rear bumper setup.

jayfotos
01/17/2005, 07:19 PM
The more I thought about it, after getting the cold air intake put in and running on the dyno and seeing the MEAGER difference it made that a stock exhaust is to binding(even with a aftermaket muffler)....well see. I don't think that I would notice(or expect) a big diff in "get up and go", but it just makes sence.....A lot more air is being pushed into the engine and it needs room to get out.

And the noise(PV2 muffler) is annoying after a while, I still want a growl and a nice hum but not like the PV.

PS- Am I retarted, where is the gallery section?

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
01/17/2005, 09:08 PM
Were are you getting duals for $300 installed? The local shops around here charge at least $400 for any custom work.

jayfotos
01/17/2005, 09:15 PM
A shop up the street from my house.

jayfotos
01/17/2005, 11:28 PM
I did a bit of searching and saw people posting about a "Y" pipe installed for back pressure.....now is this for people with a stock motor?

I'm going with a Magnaflow 2 in 2 out with no Y pipe, I'm running with a SC. It's almost common sense(to me) that with a SC pushing more air in, giving room to push air out is a no brainer.

anyone?

morgan-tec
01/18/2005, 04:43 AM
Since you have a s/C you are correct, you dont want much back pressure. A lot of people including me run a single in dual out muffler to Y their exhaust into duals. You can run true duals if you want dut the power difference on your motor will not be much different than a good Y setup nd be les expensive to fab. Magnaflow is good stuff, they are my second choice after my mufflers so i think you will be pleased. Let us know how it turns out.

Raque Thomas
01/18/2005, 08:39 AM
Morgan-tec,
Not to hi-jack this thread, but did you ever get that sound clip of your muffler? I'm thinking about doing a muffler upgrade, but I'm VERY concerned about the sound I get. I don't want the raspy, try to make it sound like a V8 (which of course it cannot) sound - I want a more mellow European sound like an old Jag, Ferrari, etc.

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 11:12 AM
Just got back......and.....what a F'n difference it made! It sounds soooo much better and has such a nice low/drone sound. I paln to diconnect the battery for the coputer can get the feel for the new set up. The guys at the shop did a top noch job, I could'nt be happyer, clean lines and nice welds.

Oh yea, and the 3 1/2 dual chrome tips.......NICE! :cool:

Jumping back in to give a sound comparison, it's got that European sound like a Ferrari, etc.

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 11:16 AM
If I knew where my gallery section was.... :confused:

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 11:41 AM
I must be retarted, I got pics ready to go but can't find "Gallery Links button again". :rolleyes:

Cyrk
01/18/2005, 11:44 AM
Click the Galley tab/Button on the blue bar up top... then when that page loads on the rights side of the blue bar is a tab/button that says Gallery Links, when you click on that tab/button it drops down... in that drop down list there is a tab/button that says upload photos.

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 12:09 PM
Nope, don't see "then when that page loads on the rights side of the blue bar is a tab/button that says Gallery Links, when you click on that tab/button it drops down... in that drop down list there is a tab/button that says upload photos."

J

Triathlete
01/18/2005, 12:28 PM
Jay...
Make sure you are signed in!
Hope you join us in Febuary so we can see and hear it first hand!

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 12:32 PM
Pic sent, I'm signed in..I don't what's going on.

What's in Feb? Is there a link to a tread I missed?

Thanks- Jay

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 12:37 PM
Cyrk- I got my mail bounced back to me, you give the right address?

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 01:13 PM
sent....

Cyrk
01/18/2005, 01:24 PM
Looks great!!! now lets here a sound clip... Really like the looks of the tips, I want a dual catback!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/39jayfotos_dual.jpg

Tone
01/18/2005, 01:26 PM
Nice looking - but guess you are NOT going to Moab with us as those would get squished. Lisa and I will be staying in Phoenix on the way out there May 14&15th.

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks Cyrk, pics are a bit small, but ya get the idea how it was done. Again the sound is great. I want to dive it, but under a heavy deadline....maybe tonight.

Tone, I'm a street guy, I dought you'll ever see me in Moab(maybe as a spectator though). Try to keep in touch and when your out here we'll grab a burger and a beer.

VXMAN
01/18/2005, 01:37 PM
Jay, if you go right now, to the upper left corner and click on Gallery, you don't see this window? http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/21gallery-med.JPG
Click on the 'gallery links' word and it's a drop-down menu. There you can see the upload photos!

Dave...

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 01:44 PM
Nope all I have are these....

Home Forums Calendar Search New Posts Mark Forums Read Open Buddy List Log Out

I'm sined in, I would'nt be able to post if I was'nt.

VXMAN
01/18/2005, 01:49 PM
Strange. If your on right now, I don't see you as a signed-in active user either? :confused:

Dave...

jayfotos
01/18/2005, 01:55 PM
I'm jumping back and forth from working, I see I'm there "on-line active user jayfotos" along with a few of you other guys.

Yes, weird...

PS- DAHM YOU! You got a Mustang! I've been eyeballing them, went to look at one(no one in town has a GT). I heard they are not making a Cobra(at least not for a few years), the Saleens are out and look sweet. Did you get the ralley stripes as well?

I want a Cobra!