PDA

View Full Version : as much as i'd hate to say it...

Newports
01/23/2005, 08:47 PM
Sorry guys, havent been around much to post, but my intention to buy a Vehicross simply didnt fall through... I got to test drive one at a lot where i was going to buy it, and as i climbed in it, it was kinda small... and the interior didnt do it for me on a long ride and for the money i was going to spend on it my lust for it simply faded... I ended up buying a 2001 GMC Yukon, it handled pretty well during this past snowfall, and I like it a lot. For the money it just seemed like a better deal, more room, V8, 4x4, 4 doors, leather, onstar and all the fix ins, anywho its been nice on the forums and attending a meet here - take care fellas. keep on rollin.

mbeach
01/23/2005, 08:51 PM
Get out.

J/K.
You chose a very nice vehicle in any case. The VX is not for everyone, heck, it took 5 years for me to convince myself that I really wanted one. I think that you made a wise decision to choose practicality over lust.
Good luck with your Yukon!

thebear54
01/24/2005, 04:07 AM
Hey Danny,
That's too bad about the VX. Hate to see that you lost your enthusiasm for VX ownership. Hey we tried.....
Anyway, It was great meeting you in Monticello and if you ever decide to get a "real car" (JK)....
John

nyc #1 ironman
01/24/2005, 09:58 AM
Your always welcomed to join us at our meets. You were such a big fan of the VX and probably still are. It just didn't suit your needs. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW TRUCK THOUGH...

StormTROOPER
01/24/2005, 12:12 PM
Look at the bright side, now you won't suffer one of the consequences of owning this extrodinary vehicle.......VX nightmares :eek: Just the other night I had one where this mechanic was installing a V8 in my VX and the police came and arrested him before he finished, so there was my orignal engine on the floor (in pieces) and the V8 wasn't connected, sheeeought! I didn't even get to hear it roar. :p Enjoy your new truck.

Heraclid
01/24/2005, 04:12 PM
Not the choice I'd make, but not knockin' the decision - I've driven a Yukon and there's nothing wrong with that. Nice ride, and a lot more practical.

Apparently I've not driven the right V8-equipped vehicle yet (excepting the Yukon, since I never really stomped the gas). My experience is limited to a 5.4L 300hp Triton V8-equipped Lincoln Navigator and a 4.6L 225hp V8-equipped Ford E-250 extended cargo van that I drive quite often at work. Neither impresses me. First of all, a 4.6L V8 that makes 225hp certainly isn't mind-blowing, and add to that the fact that they put it in a large extended cargo van that will be expected to carry lots of weight. Yeah - they're bigger, heavier vehicles so the power doesn't go as far as it would if you dropped that thing in a sport coupe. But 30 years ago most cars were markedly heavier than today and the average V8 probably made 300hp back then.

Newports
02/01/2005, 11:20 AM
well, i've already got svo injectors on it, with a powercharger supercharger and a flowmaster on it, the thing is a beast, and i love it... gonna take it to e-town once it gets nice and dry

mbeach
02/01/2005, 11:27 AM
That didn't take long :p

SVO injectors on a Yukon?

Cyrk
02/01/2005, 11:47 AM
Let's see some pics of that beast!

Newports
03/06/2005, 10:34 AM
no pics yet, but i cant believe myself that those SVO injectors fit the harness, i had an extra set left over from an LT1 build so i slapped em on, amazing what kind of difference a little more fuel makes with the supercharger. since i last posted converted to a bigger radiator, electric water pump, and electric fans, cowl induction hood, and chevy bowtie exhaust tips, ill post pics when i get the chance.

Green Dragon
03/06/2005, 02:04 PM
Well I drive a VX & I bought the wife a 2004 Yukon Denali-AWD- V8 ( 6 liter) 325 HP-loads of torque & leather & nav & DVD & Bucket seats & on & on. The Denali replaced her top of the line 2002 Isusu limited & has more power- better gas milage & overall a superior vehicle in almost all respects with the exception 0f 4X4 . Wife just put another 3000 miles on it- no oil burning whatsoever (Mobil1 5-30)- No cleaning PCV or EGR. Of course the asking price was huge ($56,790) but who pays MSRP anyway.
Have to wait & see of course on reliability issues but so far so good.
Didn't care for the OEM tires though & replaced them with BFG AT KOs.

azskyrider
03/07/2005, 12:34 PM
I agree with Bob.

My brother has a 2004 as well. He really likes it and has had no problems what so ever. I drove it these past two weeks since I have been thinking about buying one. I think the only two minor complaints other than drinking the gas has to be that the leather was not as nice to the touch as other vehicles in that price range and the exhaust note was too much from the inside cabin when accelerating. It sounded sweet but in stop and go traffic it echoed too much in the interior and made it more of a bother when trying to have a conversation with friends. But the sound only resonated at a certain RPM range. If you got it then enjoy. It is a nice ride.