PDA

View Full Version : Brake light on

Raque Thomas
01/24/2005, 05:05 PM
Took my VX to the shop today for tire balance, when I got it back the brake light is on. It seems to be in the emergency brake sensor, if you pull the handle up slightly (not to the first ratchet) the light goes out. Of course, as soon as you let go of the handle, it comes back on. I assume there is a dip switch down in there, but it seems odd that the light would go out when you pull UP on the handle. Anybody had this happen that can shed some light before I tear into the console?

thebear54
01/24/2005, 07:22 PM
If you are interested the parking brake switch is located directly on the bottom portion of the lever in the center consule. It will not take too much ripping and tearing to get at it. I just checked my VX troubleshooting book and it's not too bad to get to and change if you have to.
John

Francesco Rizzo
12/21/2005, 07:28 PM
Looking for help: my brake light illuminates whenever I hit a bump and then eventually goes out after time. Ther is brake fluid in the res and I don't think it's the e-brake switch. Any ideas.. thanks

WyrreJ
12/22/2005, 04:26 AM
I had a problem where the dual filaments in one of the L/R brake light bulbs were shorting which caused the 3rd brake light to illuminate at odd times. Easy enough to test for by removing each bulb individually and seeing how that affects behaviour - if you can get someone to watch the lights for you.

VX1032
12/22/2005, 04:13 PM
Currently my brake light has come on during the winter, but then goes away after everything heats up, about a half hour of driving. The resevior is just a hair low, so I know why the light is on, there is a lack of fluid, until it heats up, expands and just passes the sensor. Anyway, that is my theory and I am sticking to it until I add more fluid after I put stainless steel lines on.

yuhaszd
11/30/2006, 09:59 PM
I had the LED brake lights replacing the original 1157s. after a few weeks the 3rd brake light came on dim and stayed on. I didnt notice until it failed inspection for it. The post above pointed me in the correct direction right away!

Thanks
Damon