PDA

View Full Version : Tire rub from my new 285/60/18 Nittos

drdavidr4u
01/26/2005, 08:26 AM
Hi all,
Maybe you can give me your opinions.
BTW, my VX is stock with NO lift kit.
I love my new 285/60/18 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS !!! They just fill out the wheel wells as if that should have been the stock tire size!! No longer do I look like the kid on the block with skinny pencil legs!!!

But.....I'M GETTING SOME TIRE RUB!
I did trim the front wheel wells with great success, but the rub is on the passenger side back side of the front wheel well diuring a almost full lock turn such as when cutting tires to back out of a parking spot.
I took a photo to show you all but CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST IT TO THIS NEW? SITE!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
ANYONE HAVE THE SAME TIRE RUB PROBLEM?
how can I post this photo to my gallery...cannot find a way! I just spent 20 min searching the site for a way!! Very frustrating!

autox-racer
01/26/2005, 10:11 AM
My tire is VERY close to the rear inner fender during a hard cut. However, it does not rub. I wonder if you your suspension or body on frame has shifted? there should be steering stops somewhere, maybe they need adjusted so the wheel cannot cut as hard.

AREA 51
01/26/2005, 10:16 AM
Crank your torsion bars

drdavidr4u
01/26/2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks Area51....but please explain what you mean to
"crank" the torsion bars?
Thanks

And...how do we post pics to our gallery now?

Moncha
01/26/2005, 05:04 PM
Not to hi-jack the thread but you upload pictures by going to the gallery, click on the "gallery links" link in the above menu, when the menu drops down, click on upload photos

AlaskaVX
01/26/2005, 05:07 PM
In order for my photos to get on there they normally have to be zipped even though they are compressed .jpeg's. It will alow a larger zip file than .jpeg.

AREA 51
01/28/2005, 10:15 AM
Quick and dirty: Take measurement from top of wheel arch to ground on both sides and record the numbers. Follow the long cylindrical rods from the lower control arms back, just rear of the center of the truck, where they end with an adjusting bolt. Put reference marks on the bolt head and a stationary part. Tighten the right and left sides an equal number of turns and check clearance, repeat until satisfied. Record the number of turns in case you want to return to stock specs. It's something like 8 full bolt turns=1" of lift.

Get an alignment.

If you do a search I'm sure you'll find more info on this.

Good luck