PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help..with TOD

Rolan G
01/29/2005, 12:07 PM
hey i been reading most of the post in this forum, but very new here, but i'm having trouble with my 99 vehicross. it starts up fiine, no problem at all, but when i start driving all three bars of the front wheels light up, and then the check light starts to flash. If i stop the lights go away, but if i go again all three bars of lights are on again, and the check light doesn't stop flashing.. is there anyway i could get the code it is flashing.. or anything i could do??? thanks to everyone who puts there input... i need help asap, if you can call me at 702-461-7412, i'm now living in the san francisco area. ..thanks again..

AREA 51
01/31/2005, 07:32 AM
Check tire pressure and size. Check fluid level in tod.

MrCrowley
01/31/2005, 10:15 AM
How many miles do your tires have, and are they all worn the same? You could go and have the codes pulled. Check for any worn or corroded wires underneath the truck. Good Luck!

Francesco Rizzo
02/12/2005, 09:38 AM
when I bought mine, the VX would drive ok, no check engine.. but the indicater for the tod pulsated, and the tod would ingage locked for like a second.. it was a continuous cycle happening every second almost. Anyway, I had warrenty, kempt bringing it it.. finally got the transfercase replaced/ They kept changing everything else too in the other visits. I believe it because who ever used it before me, never changed the tires.. Make sure there's a good amount of tread on the tires, and the tire pressure is equal in all tires.. I run at 29 psi.

kpaske
02/12/2005, 11:12 AM
If you want to get the error code, Autozone and some other parts stores have a code reader and they'll read the code for you for free.

VR4-Quest
02/25/2005, 11:28 AM
Francesco, it sounds like I have the same probelm, no codes or lights on, but at like part throttle inder 30 mph, my TOD lights go full lock (all three) and continue to cycle up and down, and you can feel the jerking. Once you hit 30 it stops. Did replacing the transfer correct the problem?