PDA

View Full Version : wow, what was that

Francesco Rizzo
02/11/2005, 10:00 PM
So soon after I bought my vx in Feb of 2003, I had it bought in and the transfer case was replacement leaing me always a lil worried about problems coming back. I get on the gas every once in awhile, but I do it slowly, usually when it's picking up rpm I'll give it a lil bit more gas just so it doesn't change gears. Anyway, I didn't warm the truck up much tonite, and started driving off.. I got this vibe something was about to go bad so I was taking it easy, this is Fl so it's not that cold out. Anyway, I made a 180 at a light, can't do a left turn on the street, and decided to give it a lil gas to see what would happen. Sure enough, the thing seemed as though the gears were like binding or getting jammed and the TOD indicater lit up. It did that for like a split second and was fine on the drive home... I actually recycled from high to low back to high in neautral of course. Anyone get anything like this, know what it might be.

thebear54
02/12/2005, 02:52 AM
Hey Frank,
Did you ever get that Tranny leak fixed? Sounds to me like the maybe you have a fluid problem in either the tranny or pumpkins. When you did your pre trip service to come up to NY was the gear oil changed as well as the tranny fluids?
John

Hotsauce
02/12/2005, 04:06 AM
I'm betting that if you scan it, it'll come up as front speed sensor. A similar thing used to happen to me in the rain, TOD would go full lock. It turned out to be a wet connector to the front speed sensor, loacted in the front of the transfer case.
John C.

SPAZZ
02/12/2005, 06:14 AM
check fluid in both T-case and Tranny...haha hahha I said Tranny.....anyways...Swordy had his TOD light lit up once for no reason and it was low fluid level...not much low, but I guess it was sensitive.

Francesco Rizzo
02/12/2005, 09:20 AM
thanks guys, I'm gonna get the fluid levels checked monday. I suspested it to be that, but noting lights in the dash, so I figured that the tranny.. as in transmismion right ;) would have indicated the light with a low fluid level. Later