PDA

View Full Version : Loose drivers seat - quick fix?

mrlegoman
02/25/2005, 06:23 PM
I think this is a common problem from what I've read, but have not seen any advice for fixing it.
Front drivers seat is loose, but the bolt to the chasis are tight. Before I go tearing the seat apart, is there a quick fix? Or is this something I should even worry about?

SPAZZ
02/25/2005, 11:28 PM
I have had both drivers and passenger's seat brackets replaced. This is not the floor to seat bracket, but the bracket that connects the bottom part of seat with the top...very costly. And while under warranty I made Isuzu take it to an upholster shop replace the drivers one twice and the passengers once, but they weasled out of the second time.

Good luck with what you come up with.

Heraclid
02/26/2005, 10:21 AM
What exactly do you mean by loose? Is just the top part wiggling in line with what Spazz described? Or do you just mean that the top part is inching back and you have to turn the knob every now and then to raise it forward again? I'd be pretty concerned about the former (don't think that is common or normal), but not so much the latter (which I suspect is fairly common and has been discussed here before). In the case of the former, I'm guessing you'll have to do what Spazz did, but in the case of the latter, I don't know of anyone having a solution for that yet.