PDA

View Full Version : Engine Code P0171-any suggestions?

drdavidr4u
02/28/2005, 04:20 PM
"Check Engine" light is on
I just got my code pulled at Autozone and its
"P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 "
Before I take it to the dealer anyone have any suggestions what I might look for?
I did used an injector gas additive but it didnt help.
Where on the engine is bank one?
My local tire guy checked the vacume hoses and said they looked ok. He said up by the front passenger side of the engine he thinks he hears a vacume sound, but then again he never saw a VX before and who knows how many troopers he knows the sound of. This could also just be the sound of the air rushing into the intake .
I hate to bring it to the dealer because I dont trust them and a 2 hours job can be billed as four!!!
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Green Dragon
02/28/2005, 04:36 PM
How many miles on vehicle?
I would ck for vacumn leaks
I would ck & clean MAF screen
I would clean EGR & replace PCV
I would ck for exhaust leaks
As a last resort

I would consider changing BOTH oxygen sensors The pair before CAT Convertor.I believe the sensors before the CAT are Bank #1.

http://www.oxygensensorwholesale.com/isuzu_2000_vehicross.html

drdavidr4u
02/28/2005, 05:19 PM
I have 28,000 miles on my VX

thebear54
03/01/2005, 05:39 AM
The last time that code popped up on my IronMan the guy at my local gas station had not tightened the filler cap all the way. Went and reset the code, now nobody pumps my gas except me. Haven't had the problem since.
John

99vcross
03/01/2005, 06:36 AM
Well just 2 days ago this code appeared on my VX too, unfortunatley we had the vaccuum lines checked, and we tried to replace both o2 sensors, and we heard a sucking noise from the back side of the intake, after all of this we found out is was my intake gasket. I don't know what yours was doing, but when I shut the engine off, it really made a huge vaccuum noise. As well as the shop guy said all Isuzu engines are known for this problem so it might be something you want to check out.
99vcross :rolleyes:

Raque Thomas
03/01/2005, 08:03 AM
"Check Engine" light is on
I just got my code pulled at Autozone and its
"P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 1 "
Before I take it to the dealer anyone have any suggestions what I might look for?
I did used an injector gas additive but it didnt help.
Where on the engine is bank one?
My local tire guy checked the vacume hoses and said they looked ok. He said up by the front passenger side of the engine he thinks he hears a vacume sound, but then again he never saw a VX before and who knows how many troopers he knows the sound of. This could also just be the sound of the air rushing into the intake .
I hate to bring it to the dealer because I dont trust them and a 2 hours job can be billed as four!!!
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

David - I've been getting this same code off and on for the past month or so, but only when go to my girlfriend's house. You haven't been going to my girlfriend's house too, have you?? :eek: The first few times it happenned, I figured it was a result of the oiled K&N and the removal of my MAF screen - I know people here said those things could cause a check engine light. But later I began to realize that it only happens when I go to her house - usually after get there and then start the car to go somewhere :confused: I've decided it is possessed - or maybe jealous as someone else suggested! Sorry I didn't offer any help - just wanted to know if you've been sneaking over to my girl's house! ;)

Green Dragon
03/01/2005, 10:17 AM
I don't get a check engine light but I think that's because your girl friend is sneaking over to my house not versa visa.

Raque Thomas
03/01/2005, 10:54 AM
I don't get a check engine light but I think that's because your girl friend is sneaking over to my house not versa visa.

I wondered how she'd been accumulating all those frequent flyer miles - NH to KY to NV, hmmmmm....no wonder she's been so hard to reach on the phone! I've sold my house and am moving in with her, so you guys are going to have to give me your schedules so that I know when she's going to be home.....

Green Dragon
03/01/2005, 12:31 PM
Not to worry, Whenever she shows up As old as I am & having forgottten what I am supposed to do,I have to go locate & read the manual. By the time I have almost finished I have either fallen asleep or she has gone home.

thebear54
03/02/2005, 05:31 AM
I wondered how she'd been accumulating all those frequent flyer miles - NH to KY to NV, hmmmmm....no wonder she's been so hard to reach on the phone! I've sold my house and am moving in with her, so you guys are going to have to give me your schedules so that I know when she's going to be home.....
You guys are a riot :p :p
John