PDA

View Full Version : In case you get heckled by a jeep person

dtruax
03/12/2005, 07:43 AM
Send them to this link - 1/2 hour earlier the guy in this jeep was telling me "you better have a tow-hook and you better drive in the back because I don't want to be dragging that thing all over the trail"

http://independent-solutions.net/vx/funny.html

thebear54
03/12/2005, 09:35 AM
WAY COOL DAVE !!!!!

*but can't blame the Jeep...only the driver ! LOL
John

Joe_Black
03/12/2005, 11:52 AM
Every Jeep owner I've ever had to deal with was also on the end of my tow-strap and fortunately smart enough to just say "Thanks!". :laughg:

Maugan_VX
03/12/2005, 03:59 PM
Those new jeep commercials has every teenager with a 4-banger jeep thinking he can race a BMW.

Its pathetic. I get egged on to race by more jeeps than any other vehicle.

Heraclid
03/12/2005, 05:31 PM
It's just VX envy. Just the sight of the VX makes them feel inadequate so they think if they can beat it, maybe they'll feel better. I get the impression that some Liberty owners actually think that 3.7L badge of theirs means they're quicker than us with our 3.5L badges.

My boss is a Jeep fan and he overheard me talking to someone at work about rally suspensions. I think he just caught the "suspension" part and erroneously assumed that I was talking about needing a better suspension for regular off-roading. He came in and said "Get a Jeep!" Well, I'd have been offended but I don't think he even knows who's driving what out in his parking lot. He's a nice guy and if he knew the VX was mine I don't think he'd have said it. So I had the natural reaction to the comment first (I laughed) and explained that the VX is already very adequate in both departments.

Joe, that was a hoot when you had to yank that Beetle out of the deep sand at Daytona Beach. :-)

nocturnalVX
03/12/2005, 11:32 PM
From Jeep's web page...
"Jeep Wrangler Rubicon...Introducing the mightiest Jeep vehicle we've ever produced."

From mine...
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procsserv/F-AMmrJyxbOGbCrDpAov_E5q

:rotate:

sature
03/13/2005, 03:20 PM
Well for me.. I have both. both cars are very different. I use my VX for the street and grommed trails.. but if i do real 4 wheeling i use my TJ wrangler. But it is heavily modified. 4" lift, ranch rs9000, 33" thornbird and all. In my vx i have the lift kit, bfg at.... i gotta say after all the mods i have done with both cars..my Jeep is still a stronger for extreme off roading. it's the combination of short wheel base, suspension, 5spd that makes it work alot better...but for ralleying... i would use my vx...

1997 Jeep TJ Sahara, 4" trail master lift, rancho rs900, rs5000 steering stablizer, 33" thornbird, aftermarket exhaust, intake, header, custom fr and rear bumpers, tons of skid plates...
1999 vehicross, spring lift kit, sunroof, bfg at, intake, exhaust, interceptor, currently build a system consist of Alpine motorized screen, 10disc dvd changer, nakamichi sub, alpine amp, MB quards speakers.....

VX1032
03/13/2005, 03:51 PM
Actual, if I was shocked to learn that the wheelbase on the vehicross is 91.8 inches, compared to the 93.4 of the wranglers. 1.6 inches shorter, really surprising.